The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yup, I noticed before Shrek, it was somewhat rare for family films to have more than two movies. And then they had a fourth, now more films are having four films instead of just three. But gosh, I really wish they would've stopped after the second one. The first Shrek was good but the sequel was even better, they could've quit while they were ahead. Now the films have become so gimmicky and they've forgotten what made them special in the first place.

Y'know, while I don't think PUSS IN BOOTS was Dreamworks' strongest movie, I think it would still be cool if they could do spinoff movies about some of the other characters or maybe just an unrelated fairy tale that can take place in the same universe.

Still, you know what movie should've had a sequel? RISE OF THE GUARDIANS. Too bad it didn't do as well as Dreamworks would've wanted. But that's what happens when you put your movie against a Twilight movie, a James Bond movie and a big budget Stephen Spielberg biopic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, I can see why Shrek 5 is a thing considering Rise of the Guardians, Peabody and Sherman, and Turbo doing "poorly" (Turbo did well in Asian and Latin American markets, Peabody and Sherman made back its budget and probably grossed the highest of all the jay Ward movies) and overreacting to the less than stellar, yet still respectable openings of HTTYD 2, KFP2, and KFP3 (the former 2 opening opposite comedy sequels...the only ones that were successful for some reason, and the latter opening in a dump month).

I'm fine with a Shrek 5. I'd be angrier at a Madagascar 4, since that one closed it off brilliantly. Sucks that POM's movie's low box office was due to bad timing (Thanksgiving Weekend is an all or nothing time since there's going to be plenty of weeks of Christmas shopping to make that a definite nothing), as it was a great way to spin the movies into a Penguins franchise. Too bad that could never be, but I'm glad that King Julien got a Netflix cartoon at least.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
Oh, and a couple weeks ago, The Mysterious Mr. Enter posted an "Animated Atrocities" review card on his deviantART page of this piece of garbage:

Drtooth

Reaction score
UGH...

I really don't want to go into the whole bit about Christian entertainment having a huge lack of talent, but frankly, there's so much going wrong with those things I don't know where to begin. But I'll take the less obvious route with it.

You know when you watch a failed pilot for a cartoon series, but it's that very special kind of pilot that was supposed to launch a toy commercial type series? And you can tell that they made the entire thing a bunch of one dimensional character tropes because the characters are supposed to be a lot of little toys you can collect? This is one of them. Sure, they say this is something that only exists to cash in off Vegitales, but I'm starting to think its not the case. What I'm thinking is that Dorbees was conceived as a toy line that no one would ever want, so they took the characters and dumped them into a pseudo-educational Christianity show to cut their losses, and it never even got to become that.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Dear God, does that look hideous! The first Veggietales video didn't look a fraction as primitive as that, and it debuted five days prior! I mean, that show had decent textures applied to them, fluid movements, and designs that didn't fall into the uncanny valley. There's no excuse for these Dorbee-Doobiez to look that ugly.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
UGH...

I really don't want to go into the whole bit about Christian entertainment having a huge lack of talent, but frankly, there's so much going wrong with those things I don't know where to begin. But I'll take the less obvious route with it.

You know when you watch a failed pilot for a cartoon series, but it's that very special kind of pilot that was supposed to launch a toy commercial type series? And you can tell that they made the entire thing a bunch of one dimensional character tropes because the characters are supposed to be a lot of little toys you can collect? This is one of them. Sure, they say this is something that only exists to cash in off Vegitales, but I'm starting to think its not the case. What I'm thinking is that Dorbees was conceived as a toy line that no one would ever want, so they took the characters and dumped them into a pseudo-educational Christianity show to cut their losses, and it never even got to become that.
No kidding. What I don't like about plenty of Christian kids' media is that the vast majority of it is made with little-to-no effort and banking entirely on mentions of God and other stuff and whatnot to re-instill kids' faith in God (VeggieTales is at least entertaining even to some non-believers).

Oh, and Mr. Enter himself admitted to having no idea what was going on in the episode!

What you just said reminded me of the guy who tried to make the Freaky Flickers movie only for it to be stolen from him at the 11th hour.

Oh, and one can actually still order the Dorbees DVD from the creator's website (and for about $10 at that) along with other things made to turn little kids into believers.