Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is there some special reason why, evidently, my cookies and cache aren't being deleted when I clean the stuff out?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
WHY?!?....

Just, just, why...

What sick child would want to shave a baby? This is beyond gross, this is unholy. Apparently there's even hair in it's butt crack. I can't, I just can't anymore, that's it i'm done

Last edited:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
One of the more famous behind-the-scenes photos; is this culled from anything?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I always find it fascinating to hear about roles actors have taken that require three or more hours in the make-up chair, particularly when it looks like they're just wearing costumes (particularly masks). Especially when Mike Myers played The Cat in the Hat or when Jim Carrey played The Grinch. The costumes seemed to cover their whole bodies, Though I feel like it looks like they would have had to put their eyelids underneath the costumed eyelids, which I could see as uncomfortable).

I also feel it's odd when actors who wear fat suits have to spend so much time in make-up before their fully in. Aren't they just getting in oversized costumes?

I know sometimes (like in Back to the Future) prosthetic masks are glued on, so goes it take a long time to glue things on? I was surprised when i got last years Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual Guide and saw that the main actors spent a few hours getting make-up applied for their 1985 counterpartes. I could see them spending that time for the 2015 counterpartes, but didn't think the 1985 counterpartes looked like it would take that much time. This gets me wondering if they really wear masks, or if maybe they keep putting make-up on faces, maybe freezing them in place until they look right. But would they do this for fat masks (like in The Nutty Professor or Weird Al Yankovic's Fat music video)?

Or maybe I'm underestimating what it's like to get a lot of make-up on and off. After all, I've never worked on any professional movies or TV shows.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why does Facebook keep changing the way certain people's profiles look, but not others? Like some people now have their sections (friends, photos, what have you) on the right side of their profiles now instead of left, and their profile menu is now under their profile picture on the left side of the pages instead of a horizontal row under the cover photo. I've also noticed some people are able to have additional sections displayed on their profiles (like videos, likes, and such), but for some (like me) none of those sections will even show up.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
What is the consensus on Dennis Miller? Do people find him funny or not? Despite not agreeing with his views much and barely getting his analogies, I always thought he was pretty funny even now.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember Dennis 30 years ago hosting Weekend Update on SNL (yes, I'm that old. Get off my lawn, Billy!) loved him for refusing to buy into any political correctness. Had George Carlin on his HBO show a few times, felt like he was sitting at the master's feet. Not the best match for Monday Night Football, but hey.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
I remember Dennis 30 years ago hosting Weekend Update on SNL (yes, I'm that old. Get off my lawn, Billy!) loved him for refusing to buy into any political correctness.
Dennis is probably my favorite WU anchor aside from Norm MacDonald and Chevy Chase. :fanatic:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody happen to know why Saturday morning shows tend to get small seasons compared to prime time shows? It seems like the average Saturday morning show gets 13 episodes in its initial season, and less in later seasons (maybe 13 each year, maybe a little more each year).

Is there an assumption that kids can tolerate rewatching the same episodes more than teenagers or adults (I've never really minded watching reruns that I've seen many times before, as a kid or adult)? Is it just a significantly reduced budget for Saturday morning shows (though I've read that Pee-Wee's Playhouse had the same budget as a prime time series, and each season had 13 episodes or less)? Could it be that, with the majority of Saturday morning shows over the years being animated, they made 13 episodes a season as opposed to 24 or whatever to save time and money? Because prime time animated shows tend to get as many episodes a season as prime time live action shows, and of course there have been weekday afternoon shows with a lot more than 13 episodes a season (but whether or not kids tolerate reruns better, a daily show would need a lot more episodes to spread out before repeating)?