Where are the older humans?

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
So this means they're not gonna be in any of the remaining Season 46 episodes? If that's the case then why are they all in the credits? Or I wonder if Emilio means for Season 47, since when you sent him that message that's when Season 47 had already began filming. I'd like to see at least some of them come back for one last episode. That way we can have a proper goodbye.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So much for more actors returning when they have more of HBO's money to work with. I wouldn't doubt that said "new executive producer" Emilio was talking about was the reason Joey left, too. Something about him rubs me the wrong way. I understand changes needed to be made to keep a 47 year old TV show afloat in a market where there's such an overwhelming glut of preschool shows that even makes the 90's pale in comparison. I do understand that the younger cast members hold the attention of the younger viewers who pretty much don't know who any of the older cast are because they make so little if any appearance. I really wish they'd at least have the one episode a year cameo to give the illusion that they still live on the street like they've done the past few seasons.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said before, it seems to me that the new staffers in charge are taking a really corporate approach to how they handle the show now, and that's really a shame, because SST was never a corporate show to begin with, nor was CTW/SW ever really a media conglomerate. I'm still convinced that Sonia's departure wasn't entirely of her own volition - I know she said it was, but it feels like there was more going on behind the scenes that anyone's letting on: as soon as she left, they immediately brought in a much younger Latina as a character replacement for Maria . . . that right there is a very common corporate practice in show business, and it has been for the longest time: even Billy & Mandy poked fun at that with the Elvira expy Grim loved watching, saying the network was letting her go now that she turned 30.

Now, I suppose in a sense that kids today would probably be able to relate and respond better to younger human characters like Chris and Nina, but the older humans aren't just characters - in a sense, they've also been like parental figures, not only for the kids watching, but for the Muppets as well (hence one of the reasons I found it strange Big Bird was singing about how Nina's been like a mother to him, even though prior to that, they only interacted with each other once); I suppose with the younger humans, it would be something more of an older sibling kind of dynamic.

Personally, I'm not entirely upset we're losing the older cast members: I mean, let's face it, we all know they're not going to be around forever anyway. It's just the way they're being cut loose like this that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It does bring up one question for me? Is there still going to be the Humans of SST thing going around the country?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Let's rephrase it: What will happen with the Humans of SST? Will it go on or not?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
That's a real pity. I mean...I understand that today's viewers are probably more comfortable with Chris and Nina (and Alan more or less), but considering that the "old timers" are still being credited, it's sad that they haven't at least made a background or drive by appearance at all this season.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I don´t understand why they are still credited and Sonia isn´t. If they wouldn´t be coming back... why was Sonia´s departure announced and the rest of the cast wasn´t...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don´t understand why they are still credited and Sonia isn´t. If they wouldn´t be coming back... why was Sonia´s departure announced and the rest of the cast wasn´t...
Sonia's departure blew up because she announced it on her own and she retired on her own volition. The rest of the cast simply seems to not be asked back for the new season, to better focus on the younger (well, not really in Alan's case) cast members.