You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Something like gender inequality. Remember from the history books: Susan B. Anthony once broke the law because she tried to vote (which, back then, was against the law for women to vote), and although she was arrested and found guilty, the authorities decided not to do anything to punish her, such as send her to jail, all because she was a woman - even though she demanded to be sent to jail and receive the same kind of consequences as men who violate the law.

Even once on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, there was an episode where Aunt Bee and other older ladies in Mayberry organize a protest, to which Barney asks Andy how they're going to handle the situation, saying something to the effect of, "Men, you can lock up. But what do you do with women?"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With the Ghostbuster remake being out today, I must ask something I have had on my mind for about a month. Ghostbusters II begins with a "five years later..." text. Why open that way? It'd make sense if it was a scene at the end of the movie, or if it was a "five years ago..." flashback, but at the beginning of the sequel?

But in this day and age, when it's common for stations to have split-screens when programming switches, to where one screen shows end credits while the other screen starts the next program, it is good if the two movies are shown back-to-back this way.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Did you ever notice that all of the major night show hosts are named "James" except for Stephen Colbert? James Corden, Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is Drumph unaware that Reddit is essentially a paradise haven for trolls and other freaks-n-geeks on the internet? I mean, why else would he participate in a discussion over there?

Uh, on second thought, never mind, I think I just answered my own question.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought the Harry Potter series had ended some time ago, and that J.K. Rowling was working on a new series that was still fantasy, but differed from Harry Potter, and aimed at younger readers . . . but while I was at both BAM and Barnes & Noble over the weekend, both places had customers and employees all dressed up in Harry Potter cosplay, anticipating the release on the newest book in the series.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I thought the Harry Potter series had ended some time ago, and that J.K. Rowling was working on a new series that was still fantasy, but differed from Harry Potter, and aimed at younger readers . . . but while I was at both BAM and Barnes & Noble over the weekend, both places had customers and employees all dressed up in Harry Potter cosplay, anticipating the release on the newest book in the series.
Well it's not exactly part of the series as it is a follow up to the series. It's kind of a standalone story. Same characters, but this book doesn't actually expand much on the plots of the original books and there will be no stories after it. So it's basically a pointless epilogue to the series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is Drumph unaware that Reddit is essentially a paradise haven for trolls and other freaks-n-geeks on the internet? I mean, why else would he participate in a discussion over there?

Uh, on second thought, never mind, I think I just answered my own question.
I really really shouldn't say anything because it's going to damage the heck out of that joke, and I hate being that guy...

but...

Drumph's entire campaign, heck, his entire political involvement since 2008 is basically a manifestation of internet troll commentators, and horrid image macros made by far righters. Nothing he's said is original. It's just the same worst of the worst racist uncle that nobody likes type Facebook posts that everyone was aware of.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know I've ranted about Twitter before, but you know what other site out there that I just don't understand the popularity or appeal of? Instagram. I mean, what's the deal with Instagram? The quality of the images is always terrible: blurry, pixelated, poor contrast . . . they look as if they went through a really poor filtering process when they were being uploaded; I remember when Photobucket (which has seriously gone downhill in recent years) went through a period of time where they were compressing everybody's uploads to conserve bandwidth (which, thankfully, didn't last long, but the damage they've caused to older uploads is irreversible), but even that wasn't as bad as what Instagrams look like. So, again, what's the appeal? Why is it so popular?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know I've ranted about Twitter before, but you know what other site out there that I just don't understand the popularity or appeal of? Instagram. I mean, what's the deal with Instagram? The quality of the images is always terrible: blurry, pixelated, poor contrast . . . they look as if they went through a really poor filtering process when they were being uploaded; I remember when Photobucket (which has seriously gone downhill in recent years) went through a period of time where they were compressing everybody's uploads to conserve bandwidth (which, thankfully, didn't last long, but the damage they've caused to older uploads is irreversible), but even that wasn't as bad as what Instagrams look like. So, again, what's the appeal? Why is it so popular?
I want to ask the same thing about Snap Chat. From what I understand, people just post photos, and the photos get automatically deleted. Why post photos if they won't be seen for very long? The only logic I can think of would be so people can post photos that could make them look bad later but they'd only be online for a short enough time that the chance of consequences would be slim. Maybe even as a test run before posting the photos elsewhere (they can see the comments, if they're online long enough for comments, and then determine if things would go out of hand).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Character actors have always been a part of the business, but have you ever noticed it seems like each decade had one particular character actor who really stood out somehow, and you saw them on almost every show that was on TV at the time?

Take the 60s, for example: Bernard Fox was Malcolm Merriwether on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, Dr. Bombay on BEWITCHED, Colonel Crittendon on HOGAN'S HEROES, and I know he made appearances on other shows like I DREAM OF JEANNIE.

Then you've got the 70s, and Pat Morita seemed to be everywhere: M*A*S*H, SANFORD AND SON, THE ODD COUPLE, HAPPY DAYS, etc.

Fast-forward to the New Tens, and it seems like it's become a fall tradition to see how many new shows Rob Lowe will be on for the season.