Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Newsman

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Double posting again....

I changed my vote to Rowlf,because of all the compelling arguments. He really is Jim's best character.

JT Yorke

Reaction score
Probably why he isnt used much these days anymore, nobody can replace Jim playing Rowlf

JT Yorke

Reaction score
Yes i didnt think he did talk untill its a very merry muppet christmas?

do you think he should return like as a major puppet or stay as he is?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I see Rowlf as kind of a fringe character; sometimes he's right up front and very important, and then sometimes he's relegated to a background (sometimes nonspeaking) role.

His appearance in The Muppets (TV) is pretty evident of this; doesn't appear for several episodes, and then appears for a very key emotional role.

Last edited:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yes i didnt think he did talk untill its a very merry muppet christmas?

The first time he spoke after Jim's passing was in an episode of "Muppets Tonight."

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This conversation has been great! I'm going to start a new one, but please keep this one going and vote!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yes, Rowlf is destroying the competiton. I like how if this were a poll anywhere else it would be 99.9% Kermit, 0.1% everyone else, same with the Frank Oz one, 99% Miss Piggy, 0.1% everyone else, but here everyone's voting for the others, and that's great. As for Rowlf, he's my favorite muppet, he's just so laid back and cool, I love his talks with Kermit, and he has a great sense of humor. Though besides TMS and the first three movies, he really didn't have much to do until TM'15 which gave him the best role ever, a bartender at a tavern, that was genuis, his talk with Kermit in Pig's In a Blackout was great, unfortunately his roles were limited, and the show was cancelled. But, Rowlf is one of those characters that doesn't appear much, even on TMS his appearances were limited, but it makes when he gets an appearance even better like his short but funny scene with Fozzie backstage in the Harry Belafonte episode, he's just a great character, and it's a good thing they didn't retire him completly. I hope he gets bigger roles in the next muppet productions.