Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

JT Yorke

Reaction score
Yes you are correct he was shown full body in both of these scenes :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
A lot of websites are starting to post this description along with series 3 pre-orders; "It makes us very happy to introduce to you the next assortment of Muppets Select action figures from DST! Muppet Show and Up Late star Miss Piggy comes with her precious dog Foo Foo and a Penguin, while Electric Mayhem bassist Floyd Pepper comes with guitarist/love interest Janice, and pianist Rowlf comes with the certifiable Crazy Harry! Each multi-pack of 4-6" figures comes with accessories, including guitars, a movie camera, a detonator and a penguin!"

So this basically confirms that Crazy Harry is coming with a detonator, and one of the packs will include a movie camera (my money's on Piggy). Also, which figure would be 6'' tall? Because I know that Kermit is about three and a half inches in height, so whatever figure that the height applies to would tower over him. Are they just rounding up or are we going to have a gigantic figure this wave?
That is a good question. 6" is too big for the Swedish Chef and too small for Sweetums. Isn't 7" suppose to be DST's human action figure size that they are comparing the Muppets to? Maybe it is the size of the S&W balcony height ?

Rtec1

Reaction score
cannot see us getting a piano with Rowlf seen as he comes with two other figures even if one of them can be called an accessorie. And especially as they are already packing in the balcony with Statler and Waldorf

muppetperson

Reaction score
cannot see us getting a piano with Rowlf seen as he comes with two other figures even if one of them can be called an accessorie. And especially as they are already packing in the balcony with Statler and Waldorf
I was thinking that the 4-6 inches was the general range over all and that the balcony was the biggest over all that it will get. However, I have gone back over the descriptions of each series and see that they vary!
Series one was 2-6" (The spot light stand was 6")
Series two is 4-5"
May be for series 3, the 6" is a large studio movie camera like Palisades had with Kermit?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Now that I think of it, I don't think they've ever even tried to show Rowlf from the waist down. He wasn't even in "Couldn't We Ride" in Muppet Caper.
What struck me strange about the Palisades Rowlf figure is that he is all body, with very short legs. This is very different from how all the Rowlf figures that have been made. While Rowlf does have short legs, Palisades seemed to be very short, that he wouldn't be able to walk properly!!

galagr

Reaction score
Diamond Select recently confirmed on their Facebook that the Toys R Us pack of Statler and Waldorf will NOT be coming with the balcony. My guess is that they'll just come with their chairs then. I feel like Animal will meet a similar fate too, with some of his drum set probably being pared-down to two or three pieces.

If you're asking me, the Statler and Waldorf and Animal packs are really the only ones that I feel you HAVE to get the non-Toys R Us packs for. Mainly because they come with one large piece that's pretty essential to the characters.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just a whole tough thing trying to create figures for characters who weren't designed to be seen from the waist down; the rest of their body is kind of dwarf-like. I feel like Henson kind of half-***** it in shots where their full bodies are seen:

Both are fair figures. Diamond did what he actually looks like, while Palisades made the best assumption possible. Maybe this line did need to be made after all...

Comparing pics, I think Palisades made the better Kermit; Diamond's is too tall and skinny. I never understood Palisades' knock-kneed Kermit though; there must've been some way to make him stand correctly.

While Diamond's figures are more accurate to the actual puppets, I don't think any action figure line has ever, or will ever pour the amount of heart and soul that Palisades did in their Muppet line.
Series One Palisades Kermit suffered from the factory mistakenly using a poor grade of plastic. I remember all of this stuff like it happened yesterday.

As for full-body Muppets in products. Jim Henson never quite set these up for merchandising the way other companies do. He was notoriously very selective with how his characters were used once he left the world of advertising. Most head-to-toe imagery for the characters was in cartoon form and only for a select few members. Rowlf was made to appear shorter in this form and that's repeated to this day.

Well, except when you get a team of artists who first notice the discrepancy and then care enough to change it. Sometimes they're not even permitted to. Anyway, Palisades helped write some of the licensing book for the Muppets. I helped with some of that. Tough, but fun. :smile:

galagr

Reaction score
It looks like pre-orders for Statler and Waldorf are sold out just about everywhere. Which is a great sign for the line, but a bad sign for anyone who hasn't pre-ordered it yet. Like myself :oops: