Information wanted on rare Pilgrim Fozzie figure

muppetperson

Reaction score
I found this rare figure of Pilgrim/Thanksgiving Fozzie on ebay and was wondering if anybody has any information on it? It looks too good to be a bootleg. Were they released or could it be a prototype? I don't think there has ever been any Thanksgiving Muppet toys and this is probably the only figure of Muppet Turkeys!! The base shows Sega 2005, but it doesn't appear to be the same base. The listing says 1987 and brand unknown.

gonzofan13

Reaction score
I saw this too! That definitely isn't the base to him, so I'm not sure. It looks like a prototype.

gonzofan13

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those were made by Nanco and I'm pretty sure Nanco only made dolls, not figures. They could be linked, but my theory is that they're not.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those were made by Nanco and I'm pretty sure Nanco only made dolls, not figures. They could be linked, but my theory is that they're not.
Thanks. I mainly posted the Pilgrim plush to correct my first comment that I thought there hadn't been any Thanksgiving themed Muppet toys. Yeah, Nanco make mainly plush, but it is possible that the figure was made around the same era as the plush by a different licensee.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have now been sent the correct pic of the base bottom, so I feel comfortable in saying that it is a prototype.

gonzofan13

Reaction score
True. Hopefully another proto shows up somewhere!