Questions about anything

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Why am I not allowed to be at summer band camp with my friends right now due to some of the conditions that I have?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have a few things to ask about the Family Guy parody of Return of the Jedi. I might also have to ask something about it in the "what's the deal?" thread.

Anyway, when Carter is insulting the work of Seth Green, he lists a few of Seth Green's less successful works, including "Greg the Bunny, that terrible puppet show on channel 100...." Now was he listing two shows back-to-back, or was he just referring to Greg the Bunny there? In that context, it seems like he should have been listing two shows. I don't think Greg the Bunny has been rerun anywhere. I know there's been new Greg stuff on IFC, and I've read that Green did appear on that show (not sure if it was a guest shot or not), but if he was referring to another puppet show, what was that puppet show Seth Green did? I looked at Seth Green's wikipedia page, and didn't seem to see any puppet shows listed. Everything I saw where it said he did a voice was something that I knew was animated.

Or was it referring to Robot Chicken without actually saying the title? I've never considered that a puppet show, and I would have said it was on Cartoon Network instead of "channel 100".

Additionally, Carter says that Buffy the Vampire Slayer was not a success, even though Entertainment Weekly did. Is this true? Was it unsuccessful but lasted a long time regardless (perhaps because of critical acclaim)?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have a few things to ask about the Family Guy parody of Return of the Jedi. I might also have to ask something about it in the "what's the deal?" thread.

Anyway, when Carter is insulting the work of Seth Green, he lists a few of Seth Green's less successful works, including "Greg the Bunny, that terrible puppet show on channel 100...." Now was he listing two shows back-to-back, or was he just referring to Greg the Bunny there? In that context, it seems like he should have been listing two shows. I don't think Greg the Bunny has been rerun anywhere. I know there's been new Greg stuff on IFC, and I've read that Green did appear on that show (not sure if it was a guest shot or not), but if he was referring to another puppet show, what was that puppet show Seth Green did? I looked at Seth Green's wikipedia page, and didn't seem to see any puppet shows listed. Everything I saw where it said he did a voice was something that I knew was animated.

Or was it referring to Robot Chicken without actually saying the title? I've never considered that a puppet show, and I would have said it was on Cartoon Network instead of "channel 100".

Additionally, Carter says that Buffy the Vampire Slayer was not a success, even though Entertainment Weekly did. Is this true? Was it unsuccessful but lasted a long time regardless (perhaps because of critical acclaim)?
I always assumed he was talking about Robot Chicken.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In the Duran Duran song, there's the line, "I smell like a sound" (or, "I smell like I sound," which seems to be up for debate). What do those words even mean?

Thomas Young

Reaction score
I feel it is 'I smell like I sound' (though I admit neither of them makes any sense). Since the song is called 'Hungry like the Wolf', I read an interpretation somewhere which said that the two strongest senses of a wolf are smell and hearing. And hence 'smelling' and 'sounding'. But I guess it may just not mean anything at all, for all we know. Lyrics sometimes are like that.

My question is: Why in this whole wide world are people trying to design math games like these, to supposedly try and make the subject simpler for kids? Games are meant to be fun; math is not, never was and never will be (let's face the facts). Then why spoil something fun like games by inserting math into it? I see no point whatsoever.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Way back in the Dark Ages, they tried anything to make the dreary subject of math more fun. Didn't help.
The best we had was this super granny named Martha Matics. Kinda like Robin Williams' Mrs. Doubt fire geared toward teaching fractions.
Didn't help.
Flunked Algebra.
But in all the years of playing in bands, having crowds on their feet, opening up for some pretty big names, not ONCE did we ever have to stop the set so the drummer can solve for X.

Not once did a club owner ever say, "Either you figure out the cosine if A=3 and B=7.5, or you guys don't get paid!!!!"
Thank you for flunking me, Mr. Cobb. Still didn't hold me back! 8)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My local PBS produces and airs a math call-in show. No foolin'.