Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

mr3urious

Reaction score
"Rad Dudes with Bad 'Tudes" seems to parody that cheesy '80s movie Rad, only with rollerblades instead of BMX bikes. Yet again, something that could have been done with any cast of characters. Though it is pretty darn sad that Robin is still broken up over his parents being dead to the point of imagining a set of parents to disapprove of his newfound delinquency.

On the plus side, there's no moments of sociopathy among the Titans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though it is pretty darn sad that Robin is still broken up over his parents being dead to the point of imagining a set of parents to disapprove of his newfound delinquency.
I really hope that's the intended subtext. It makes the episode pretty disturbing, but in a fun way.

So, I'm sure that the Teen Titans and Classic Powerpuff Girls fans are thrilled that there's to be a Crossover episode

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't want to call out the PPG fandom as being ingrates, but considering that the TTG show pretty much openly tries to screw with those who take TT '03 seriously, the PPG fandom has it sooo much better than they think. I look at the PPG show and at least they're trying. The show says to me "we grew up on Powerpuff Girls and loved it too. We want to be your friends!" while TTG says "Yeah? You hate us? Well we don't need you since the kids who actually watch us have never seen an episode of the original and aren't butthurt about it."

Like I said before, I can't even call PPG a Reboot so much as a very long uncancellation. And when shows get uncancelled, the fans that were screaming the loudest for it often regretted it. Then again, I still feel the show's being compared to second-fifth season PPG where the show took off and became something. Comparitively to season one, it's just slightly not as good, but compared to the weakest bits of season 5 and 90% of season 6, it's some grade A stuff.

This crossover could be decent. I can see them writing the PPG better than the Titans usually are, and Mojo's the villain and gets a song apparently. I like seeing more CN crossovers are happening since "Say Uncle" and the Grampies. And even the "Regular Time Adventure Show" promotions.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked seeing the girls with Terra, Jinx, and Rose Wilson teaming up to save the boys from the Brain in the latest two-parter. Those action-packed segments with plenty of great chemistry between the five certainly made up for the boys' chivalry-obsessed stupidity that set the plot in motion, but at least that's a step-up from them declaring superiority over the opposite sex, right? :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Have to admit, almost shut this off a couple minutes in and I'm glad I didn't. It had a slow start of the same "obsessing over something stupid" set up, but turned into a great episode about the show's female characters. Even managed to get some nice mythology humor with Terra. Kinda wish they also got Jan the Wonder Twin in on this, but then again, she's useless without her brother. Also loved how incredibly stupid Robin was in this episode, which is saying something because he's usually stupid anyway. I did like the blink and miss it cameo of the neeT snatiT sitting with the other versions of the three in the dungeon. Too bad that's never explained.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, the Titans are totally ignorant about world history. I'd buy it if they were 5, but these guys are teenagers who should know better by now. It says so in the title, people!

Other than that, a pretty mediocre episode, though the whole Bowdlerization of Abe Lincoln's assassination was kind of amusing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm actually pretty excited for the Teen Titans/PPG crossover. They're starting to show some bare footage of it, and it looks like it could very well be fun.

On another note, I've been wondering. If TTG is supposedly so popular and a DC comics license, how come there aren't any TTG Lego sets? As it turns out, TTG characters are in the next line up of Lego Dimensions (don't worry, better characters are in the line up as well). Just no actual sets yet. However, there do exist Lego versions of the 2003 cartoon Teen Titans. Only it's just Starfire and Beast Boy (Robin's also there technically), but it's in one of the more expensive sets and they're piggy backing on a Batman and Joker mega set. It's something at least.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Titans' recklessness does them in once again, as their ridiculous spending habits and terrible diets take a toll on their future selves. Only Raven called them out on this, as usual, but to no avail.

The animators sure are getting a lot of mileage out of the Titans' elderly character models. And I enjoyed the call-back to Raven's love of old people from "Salty Codgers".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow. That one was almost Gumball-ian levels of dark. Giving it that incredibly bleak message really made it a lot more interesting than most Titans do stupid things for 11 minutes episodes. I like the message of life being a Catch 22. Either you live responsibly for a prolong future of living responsibly, or have fun and die young, and both choices are equally horrifying.

I'd almost expect someone who wrote that is dangerously close to having a nervous breakdown about their mortality. :wink:

Still, I'm glad I chose to watch this online and watched Sanjay and Craig instead in its initial broadcast.