Any Bronies on here?

mr3urious

Reaction score
We Muppet fans should all be familiar with the Gift of the Magi plot, though the latest episode put a nice twist on it in that only Pinkie Pie sold her beloved party cannon to get Maud a gift for her pet rock, though Maud didn't trade her rock for something for Pinkie's cannon in return. In fact, she called Pinkie out on it over her attempt to outdo her in her gift-giving, saying that the gift should come from the heart, not the wallet.

Also gotta love Rarity's interactions with Maud, especially her reaction to being so interested in a crack in the sidewalk. :smile:

snichols1973

Reaction score
Is there some sort of media trope that references the brony fandom's influence on other media franchises; e.g. TTG's Pretty Pretty Pegasus et al.?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Every once in a while something always tries to beckon me back into the franchise. Pinkie Pie's idea for a kid's book pretty much floored me in this comic preview.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Every once in a while something always tries to beckon me back into the franchise. Pinkie Pie's idea for a kid's book pretty much floored me in this comic preview.

(Laughs) Oh my gosh! This preview crack me up. I love how her name is P. D. Pie. I Love this rarity and Pinkie Pie chemistry. Wow!

Seriously, Pinkie is just Pinkie.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So the writers made a re-telling of A Christmas Carol, and as old hat as it is, I still enjoyed it, and it took enough liberties to make it stand out from other adaptations unlike MCC. I liked how it was used to parallel Starlight's struggle with understanding the ponies' analogue of Christmas, but what really stood out were what ponies played the Spirits of Hearth's Warming Eve: Applejack as Past, Pinkie Pie as Present(s), and Luna as Yet to Come. Their songs also fit perfectly with their characters, too.

snichols1973

Reaction score
So the writers made a re-telling of A Christmas Carol, and as old hat as it is, I still enjoyed it, and it took enough liberties to make it stand out from other adaptations unlike MCC. I liked how it was used to parallel Starlight's struggle with understanding the ponies' analogue of Christmas, but what really stood out were what ponies played the Spirits of Hearth's Warming Eve: Applejack as Past, Pinkie Pie as Present(s), and Luna as Yet to Come. Their songs also fit perfectly with their characters, too.
Snowfall/Starlight Glimmer's Scrooge character also has some Grinch-like tendencies, when it comes down to her attempts to stop the holiday by attempting to eliminate it altogether:

Everypony loves this cursed holiday
But would they be better off with it out of the way?
Well, okay
Say goodbye to the holiday
With my magic, I'll erase it
The greatest gift that I give today
And everypony will have to face it

No more little games for you to play
After you say goodbye to the holiday

Say goodbye to the holiday
Prepare the spell, no hesitation
All memory shall fade away
See Equestria's new transformation

No more shall anypony say
Happy Hearth's Warming...
[sinister laughter]
...after today!

mr3urious

Reaction score
I thought the recent episode was absolutely brilliant in its plot (and I'm definitely not talking about pony butts). Applejack is unable to spend spa day with Rarity because of all the extra work doing chores, but only because she was so used to doing them a specific way with certain problems to work around that she was unaware that there were better solutions to doing them even when those problems were no more. And all it took was a leaky water pipe at the spa to realize it. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Fluttershy has a brother, making Rainbow Dash the only Mane 6 pony to lack siblings. I also loved how assertive Flutters was toward Zephyr Breeze in his freeloading and inability to stick to tasks. Clearly she's taking Iron Will's lessons to heart, though in a less aggressive manner. :smile:

snichols1973

Reaction score
I just finished watching the "Spice Up Your Life' episode on my DVR, and I particularly enjoyed the Bollywood shoutout featuring Coriander Cumin and Saffron Masala; Zesty Gourmand, the food critic, appears to be even colder and snobbier than Anton Ego from Ratatouille.....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Have to admit. I'm absolutely shocked there hasn't been an episode titled (ahem) "The Fluttershy Effect."