ABC officially cancels "The Muppets"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, but with Netflix, you need to have a reliable internet connection for it to work, which not everybody has. Cable, on the other hand, all you need is a TV for them to connect everything to, which a lot of people do have.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Yeah, but with Netflix, you need to have a reliable internet connection for it to work, which not everybody has. Cable, on the other hand, all you need is a TV for them to connect everything to, which a lot of people do have.
right, so if they are going to a new project, it's best that they do it on cable tv.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
like I said my cable goes out just as much as my aunt and uncles Direct TV out in California where it rains almost every other day of the winter, I live in Punta Gorda Florida! Also if you live in the middle of nowhere where service might not be optimal what good would cable be if it is not even an option in your area? My Grandparents used to live in Ausable Acres in the Adirondacks, Jay New York, In Ausable Acres they don't have cable as an option not enough people to warrant it so you either get Verizon Fios or a dish or don't have TV in the past all my grandparents had was analog TV on an old 1970's Quasar TV Analog TV does not exist in the USA anymore the GOV did away with it because the TV's were emitting a kind of gas in the atmosphere that was not environmentally sound so what good is a good TV signal if you cant get Cable or any TV for that matter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course it's fake. There will ALWAYS Abe future Muppet projects.
It's a not that funny joke, I agree. I'm not saying there won't be Muppet projects, nor do I agree that there never will be one again. I don't see one on the immediate horizon is all, but only because they're going to really have to do some thinking about what format the characters can come back as. They haven't shut the door on the Muppets the way they did (albeit temporarily) Winnie the Pooh when that movie didn't do as well as they hoped. They restocked merchandise in stores just before ABC brought the hammer down, and by all means they could have dumped them all on deep discount clearnace like the Good Dinosaur toys (which sucks because the only thing that hurt that movie was timing, but that's a rant for another day). They've revealed Muppet Tsum Tsums in the future, so Disney is at least thinking about the Muppets and considering them. Even if we have to go a little while on just merchandising, I'm fine with that. The last thing we need is another misstep, so the next Muppet project, whenever and whatever, should be taken time with. The Muppets was rushed into production, and that's why it left a bad first impression on certain audiences. Meanwhile, the better received of the Disney Muppet projects was TM11, and they took their time with that one and had it go through every department possible to get their stamp on it. A little fussed over, but it was a modest hit. Maybe that was the problem. The sitcom didn't have time to develop.