Question About the Kermit Tiffany Lamp

Hsnopi

Reaction score
I have seen the lamp all over the ointernet for 300-360$ (US). Are these copies? Was the original made by Tiffany's? Are they still selling it? How would I be able to tell the difference? Is there a real difference?

Thanks
Hsnopi

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tiffany manufactured the lamp for the Jim Henson Company in 1997 as part of the Kermit Collection. It is a beautiful piece. Typically it goes for $250 and up.

This is from our collectibles section...

"Each phase of this creation was completed under the creative guidance of Henson artists. It is made with kiln fired stained glass and measures 20 inches high by 14 inches wide. The picture really doesn't do this lamp justice. It is truly magnificent and a must for your collection. Tiffany's Kermit lamp is one of the most beautiful high-end Muppet collectibles ever released."

http://www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/muppets/office.shtml#tiffany

scarecroe

Reaction score
So it was definately made by Tiffany? The description is a bit misleading, referring to it as a "Tiffany styled" lamp, suggesting that someone else did it in the Tiffany style.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Tiffany made it. That's part of the reason why it is so expensive.

tomahawk

Reaction score
I've got one, and it is very nice. Lucky for me my sister works in a interior design center in of all places a lighting store. She had to order more stuff from the company to actually get the lamp. Its one of my favorite pieces in my collection. My wife bought it for me when we were dating and she was broke!!!! Ahhhhhhhh love.

Hsnopi

Reaction score
So all the ones I see now on the net are fakes? Or is Tiffiany's still making them. How can you tell when you look at them?

Jonathan

Reaction score
I saw one at the Disney World Muppet Gift Shop ButIt was way Over my Bugget :eek: :embarrassed:

Thog

Reaction score
Hsnopi said:
So all the ones I see now on the net are fakes? Or is Tiffiany's still making them. How can you tell when you look at them?
I don't beleive that the lamp is made by Tiffany's. It is a Tiffiany's style lamp. I'll have to check my box to see what company made it.

Green Froggy

Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but if any of you own this lamp and would like to sell it, please let me know. I'm on the hunt for one. I understand it's a rare item and most people would like to keep their lamp, but I just thought it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks in advance! :smile: