Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4621 - To The Moon Elmo

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4620 - To The Moon Elmo
HBO Premiere: Saturday May 28, 2016
PBS Premiere: Wednesday October 5, 2016

Rosita, Elmo and Abby pretend to be astronauts and use their imagination to go into space and with help from Chris, they figure out which 'space tool' to use to fix their ripped space ship. Also featuring Cookie Monster's Star Smores parody and Elmo's World-Sky. Brought to you by the letter A and the number 10.

This episode features an all-new street story.

If you saw "To The Moon Elmo", let others know. Please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
One of the longer street scenes of the season so far, so the pacing worked just fine. Plus, some old-school cameos: Prairie Dawn (in the background just as their first song starts), the Twiddlgebugs (CGI still) and the recycling man was clearly meant to be Bruno.

Also, I don't think I've commented on the harmonies in songs lately, but they're really amazing.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I just wish that Oscar was in the episode like it shows in the photo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One of the longer street scenes of the season so far
Really? I haven't been keeping time, but this one actually felt short and rushed to me.

I just wish that Oscar was in the episode like it shows in the photo.
Yeah, what's up with that?

Then again, I don't really know why this episode title is "To the Moon Elmo," when it's not really so much Elmo pretending to go to the moon, but Rosita, Elmo, and Abby pretending to travel through outer space in general.

Aside from the new street story, I also loved this film of the girl going on her A adventure through space: the style almost kind of reminded me of something you'd see from ACTION LEAGUE, NOW!! Seeing the Star S'more parody again with the subtle Frank Oz reference makes me wish Frank would have participated in it - even performing Groda for the sake of it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Really? I haven't been keeping time, but this one actually felt short and rushed to me.
I watch online, so I see the times. This street story ran for about 9:40, whereas the "Move It" story was about 8:20; that's almost a minute and a half less.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This street story was pretty good. It was nice to see the Twiddlebugs. The songs were pretty great. It looks like next week, we're getting a new Murray segment which is interesting.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently found out about the recycling man who resembles Bruno. Read at Muppet Wiki that he's performed by Tyler Bunch, but I thought it'd be great if he were performed by Caroll Spinney (I've read that currently he only physically performs Oscar when he's not in a tight space, and judging from the picture I saw on the wiki, it looks like this wouldn't have been in a tight space), or perhaps by either Matt Vogel or Eric Jacobson. Not necessary, but would have been cool if he were performed by Spinney or one of his characters understudies.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Actually Bruno looks like the recycling man who was performed by John Tartaglia.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually Bruno looks like the recycling man who was performed by John Tartaglia.
Actually, I thought that was Sully until he started talking. Sorry to bump these old threads, but I've seen a few of those episodes online just recently.