Jim Henson's Animal Show Revisited

Princeton

Reaction score
Feel free to move this if needed. The Animal Show With Stinky and Jake was an educational show about animals that aired on the Discovery Channel circa 1996. While it had great music and I learned a lot from it, I always felt awkward watching it, which was mainly due to the time it aired. This was one of three Muppet projects that debuted that year, the other two being Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets Tonight, and if MTI is the best of the three, that didn't bode well for where the company was going. I'm sorry my opinion of this show is such a downer, so hopefully you all have happier memories of this show.

backpackmina

Reaction score
(This needs to go to Family Worlds..)

But yeah, I have about the same feelings. I wasn't born when it premiered but my mom always got it from the library. I barely remember the show, there was no "You gotta see this!" factor that, in my opinion, Bear had for me as a kid. I do remember thinking it was a spinoff of Bear featuring those forgettable Woodland Valley creatures.

Princeton

Reaction score
(This needs to go to Family Worlds..)

But yeah, I have about the same feelings. I wasn't born when it premiered but my mom always got it from the library. I barely remember the show, there was no "You gotta see this!" factor that, in my opinion, Bear had for me as a kid. I do remember thinking it was a spinoff of Bear featuring those forgettable Woodland Valley creatures.
I completely agree. This was the breath of fresh air that let me know that the Henson company was going to produce better things, and it debuted literally a year after the Animal Show.

backpackmina

Reaction score
At least it gave us another Dave/Steve team, I always liked those.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I haven't seen much of it, but it's alright, I guess. There's not much they could really do given the talk-show format of it; no character development type of things. The original songs tended to be good, though.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I really hope The Jim Henson Company releases more episodes soon. Currently only season 1 episodes have been released and I really want to see the Sam the Eagle episode, if that's alright with Disney.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Me too, I want to see the Sam & the Dave episodes.