Muppets Courtyard Area coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
It's my dream to see Muppet Vision 3D IN the theatre in WDW. I hope I can go soon...

beaker

Reaction score
This is some of the most exciting news in some time. I was worried when I saw Muppet Stuff's headline about MV3D at WDW, the story would be about the permanent closing of MV3D (like how they turned MV3D into some awful Frozen thing at California Adventure at Disneyland) An expanded Muppety world? Awwww...my imagination runs wild. Hopefully one day we could get rides, but a Muppet themed restaurant for the first time ever? *melts*

More info and pics on the transformation of Pizza Planet into a new Muppet themed eatery and other fun stuff
http://muppet-stuff.blogspot.com/2016/03/muppetvision-3d-area-to-be-renamed.html

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The area being renamed Muppets Courtyard is official:
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/...new-park-layout-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

It would also be awesome if the new Muppet area were to include Rowlf's Tavern from the new show. And it could have an animatronic Rowlf at his piano, singing songs, cracking jokes, etc.; like Sonny Eclipse at Magic Kingdom's Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

I'd even like if they built Timmy's Treats (as referenced in The Muppets Character Encyclopedia).

They could even retheme the Christmas store in the area, It's a Wonderful Shop, to the Scrooge & Marley counting house from The Muppet Christmas Carol.

Last edited by a moderator:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
They should have a live version of Newsie having people around the area in the new Muppet Courtyard doing interviews with him, only to end up having sailly things happen to him like usual

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yes, this is amazing, at least if The Muppets gets cancelled now it will soften the blow a bit, because Disney is interested in the muppets as a franchise, and who knows maybe this means that The Muppets will get a season 2 renewal.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
These are actually some really fun developments. In regards to the Muppet restaurant, recent construction photos basically confirm Pizza Planet will not be returning -- at least to that location. With the section officially Muppets-themed, I would be surprised if it came back as anything other that what's been speculated. Make plans now, because the place is "re-opening" November 7!