RED ALERT! "The Muppets" fans need to contact ABC **NOW**!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
Although I was excited for The Muppets when it was first announced, I can't honestly say I care if it gets renewed. I watched the first few episodes and thought they fluctuated between "ok" and "not good." I kept watching out of some sense of loyalty since I grew up as a big fan of the Muppets. Eventually, though, I found myself forgetting to watch, and not caring at all when I realized I missed an episode.

So, while I appreciate that they tried to make a new tv show, it just didn't work for me. I did, however, think the two recent movies were quite good. So personally, I'd be fine if they let the series die, and focused their efforts on making quality movies once every few years instead.

Muppy

Reaction score
I'd be fine if they let the series die, and focused their efforts on making quality movies once every few years instead.
The thing is, there won't be "quality moves once every few years" if the series doesn't come back. If the Muppets can't even get an audience for a half an hour tv show once a week, what makes you think that Disney will have enough faith for a big budget movie, especially if it ends up earning as little as Muppets Most Wanted did ...

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
The thing is, there won't be "quality moves once every few years" if the series doesn't come back. If the Muppets can't even get an audience for a half an hour tv show once a week, what makes you think that Disney will have enough faith for a big budget movie, especially if it ends up earning as little as Muppets Most Wanted did ...
the problem is kids don't like the Muppets anymore and for Muppets Movies to work you need kids to love them and see them in the theater, these last two movies were made for us adult fans and there are not enough of us to make up a good box office...

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I'm a child and I love the Muppets
I meant kids like my nephew who are 7 or 8 years old or toddlers, most of them only watch Pixar style movies they won't even watch Traditionally Animated films like The Princess And The Frog which was a great Film, Don't get me wrong I love Pixar but there are other kids films out there and most kids will only watch Pixar Style films It is a troubling trend among today's youth that has been going on for far to long...

Muppy

Reaction score
the problem is kids don't like the Muppets anymore and for Muppets Movies to work you need kids to love them and see them in the theater, these last two movies were made for us adult fans and there are not enough of us to make up a good box office...
Um ... I don't think that's true. Kids love Sesame Street. I know Sesame Street was the reason why I became a Muppet fan. A bold statement such as "kids don't like Muppets" is crazy. The majority of people will tell you that Muppets are for kids anyway.

I meant kids like my nephew who are 7 or 8 years old or toddlers, most of them only watch Pixar style movies they won't even watch Traditionally Animated films like The Princess And The Frog which was a great Film, Don't get me wrong I love Pixar but there are other kids films out there and most kids will only watch Pixar Style films It is a troubling trend among today's youth that has been going on for far to long...
And I wouldn't say this is true either. Most kids will watch whatever movie their parents put on for them, I don't think they really care if it's traditionally animated or CGI. CGI films are just the only type of animated movies being released now, so if you wanted to go to the movies with your kids, of course they will only watch Pixar style movies.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Um ... I don't think that's true. Kids love Sesame Street. I know Sesame Street was the reason why I became a Muppet fan. A bold statement such as "kids don't like Muppets" is crazy. The majority of people will tell you that Muppets are for kids anyway.

And I wouldn't say this is true either. Most kids will watch whatever movie their parents put on for them, I don't think they really care if it's traditionally animated or CGI. CGI films are just the only type of animated movies being released now, so if you wanted to go to the movies with your kids, of course they will only watch Pixar style movies.
just going on my own experiences, My 8 year old nephew has lived with me his whole life his biological father is a deadbeat dad who left him when he was an infant, and the only kids movies he likes are Digital Pixar kids movies, He does not like the Muppets and none of his friends do either, he just is starting to get into Star Wars and Loves The Clone Wars and The Rebels as I do as well! he also loved Jurassic World but his attention span is not great and he does not like to sit that long he is always playing outside. I have two other nephews and 3 nieces of varying ages the oldest is in the 8th grade and none of them or there friends really like the Muppets...

my oldest Niece who is going in to high school next year spends most of her time with Ballet shows and productions she wants to pursue ballet professionally and is real serious about it, I doubt she watches much TV or movies?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I really don't think there are many kids who like the muppets sadly, they've probably heard of them, but just dimiss them as SS, the most acknowledgement they'll get is if Kermit is in a meme or something, that's it. Like two of friends actually watched The Muppets 2015 though and they enjoyed it, they've also seen many of the films, even then when I first became friends with one of them, they thought the muppets were basically SS until I actually showed him some stuff. Ya, it's not like the muppets can compete against the flashy buzzy movies and TV shows they make today, but they'll always have a loyal if small fanbase, outside of here, few people know the name of anyone either than Kermit and Miss Piggy and think that they're married or that Cookie Monster is part of the muppets new show. My younger siblings of 3 and 4 dig the muppets, but I doubt few other kids know what they are. Ya, the muppets don't have the biggest fanbase, but I'm glad to be part of a minority and not something mainstream, it's like a secret club.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ya, the muppets don't have the biggest fanbase, but I'm glad to be part of a minority and not something mainstream, it's like a secret club.
I do really enjoy the closeness of the Muppet fandom that you won't get with any of the more mainstream fandoms such as Marvel, Doctor Who etc all of which your voice can be forgotten in the huge pool of fans.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I do really enjoy the closeness of the Muppet fandom that you won't get with any of the more mainstream fandoms such as Marvel, Doctor Who etc all of which your voice can be forgotten in the huge pool of fans.
Exactly, I don't want to be part of a fandom where if you're not a fan then you're not part of society, like you mentioned Marvel, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, etc, if you say you haven't seen a Doctor Who or read all the Harry Potters, people look at you from another planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.