Grover on Stephen Colbert

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I am glad Grover made an appearance instead of Elmo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's so far the only thing that's been worth watching on THE LATE SHOW since Colbert took over.

Yorick

Reaction score
That's so far the only thing that's been worth watching on THE LATE SHOW since Colbert took over.
This is the best moment of Colbert's LATE SHOW since Colbert's coffee skit early in his LATE SHOW days. The other greatest moment? When he praised Letterman in his 1st episode. Colbert is much better than Fallon, though. To me, anyway.

Though I like Colbert, and have nothing against his style, I miss Letterman's show. I loved what Dave and his crew did every night.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Though I like Colbert, and have nothing against his style, I miss Letterman's show. I loved what Dave and his crew did every night.
Same here - I do like Colbert, actually, it's just that he's a political comedian, and obviously since he took over THE LATE SHOW, most of the guests he's had have been politicians and other political figures. Likewise, I too really miss Dave and Paul and the rest of that crew as well, and late night TV hasn't been the same without them. I do like Jimmy Kimmel, though . . . Jimmy Fallon and Seth Myers having talk shows feels like they were just given to them on silver platters since they came from SNL (NBC seems to have a habit of giving shows to former SNL castmembers on silver platters: they're having Amy Poehler create and direct another sitcom for them right now), and I've never heard of this James Corden guy before so I don't know where he came from or how he got a show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of former SNL castmembers and silver platters, I see Rachel Dratch has her own show now too - though hers is on cable, and it's a sketch show rather than a talk show or sitcom.