Cars 3 scheduled for June 16, 2017 theatrical debut

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Maybe not in theaters, but I'll probably buy it. Cars 2 while not a great movie, did have its moments of charm and humor. I actually enjoy the character of Mater.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Cars 3 looks like it will be more low-key like the 1st one, as it's said to be set around Radiator Springs and Route 66, so it does feel more intriguing to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cars 2 is a better movie than it's made out to be, and I really think the visuals more than make up for the Saturday Morning Cartoon style plot. It has its moments, and I love the little conspiracy about alternative fuels. But not being stuck in dusty dirty valley and going on a lush looking world tour (not to mention the rest of the world building) makes me enjoy it just a little more than the first one. The first one had a stronger story, of course.

Now, I love Pixar. They haven't made a movie that I disliked, and I haven't missed a single film theatrically. But I also know that Pixar can't make Up and Inside Out every time. Some of the films will skew towards a younger demographic because that's how they're marketed and that's who they sell the merchandise directly towards. Cars is every bit a kiddy film as Bug's Life was, and they're pretty decent kiddy films. I actually like not coming out of the theaters in tears seeing one of their films once in a while. Especially since Toy Story 3 is so emotionally draining...I know it's spoiler for a movie we're probably all seen, but...

Once Woody broke the rules and sent an actual message to Andy, in other words a childhood friend that could never speak back finds a way to contact him for closure, I lost it. To say the least of them all willing to die together as friends, something that gets to me in certain fighting anime, had me choking back the tears. But that last bit just broke me.

And at least in their less emotional wreckage movies, there's still that extra added depth and punch. Cars 2, case in point, added a level of Mater feeling terrible that his friends see him as a clown. Storywise it could have done without it, but it did need that extra push. Same with Mike's determination in MU and the mother throwing Merida's bow into the fire...and quickly pulling it out and feeling awful about it. Say what you will about Brave, there's was so much emotion and subversion in that one scene that overpowered the rest of the film.

So yeah. I'll definitely see Cars 3. Cuz it's at least a heck of a lot better than Planes was.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Here's the official teaser trailer.

Looks like this is going to have some heavier moments compared to the last 2 films. It feels like what the 2nd film should have been.