The Muppets Episode 15 - Generally Inhospitable

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Generally Inhospitable"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episodes 15 and 16 did air back to back and could be considered as an hour-long finale, though there was the cliffhanger break as well as the announced "Coming up, it's another episode of The Muppets" in between.

Yolanda said she dated a parrot named Eric... Wait, she dated the parrot voiced by Jerry Nelson from TMS?
Also... The gang changed the color of Pepsi cans all over the world to match Yolanda's hair. So are they going to change the product's name too? From the makers of Figgy Fizz, it's the latest taste to sweep the nation, Yola Cola! :zany:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Episodes 15 and 16 did air back to back and could be considered as an hour-long finale, though there was the cliffhanger break as well as the announced "Coming up, it's another episode of The Muppets" in between.
I think the announcement was more along the lines of "The Muppets season finale continues next." Could me remembering that wrong though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, you're right, it's just one of those generic mid-finale type of things.

Oh, and giving your weight in stones isn't exactly indecipherable... 1 stone equals 14 pounds, so go ahead and do the math on :mad:'s weight.
Although, if :sleep:'s assertion that her weight is 700, then that'd equal 50 stones. :batty:

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
Great start to the finale!

It was great to see Sweetums finally get some big screen time. While obviously the stuff with Pache was great, my favorite Sweetums moment was when he said he needed the net back because he was going to a meadow. :grr:

Pache is gone! Finally! Don't really care how rushed the exit was, I'm just happy he's gone.

Rizzo/Pepe/Yolanda plot was great. Her impressions and prank calls were really funny. Rizzo having to climb into Big Mean Carl's mouth was really funny as well and some impressive puppetry to boot.

When everyone was dancing with Pache gone, did Big Mean Carl randomly eat Yolanda? It happened so quick and sudden that I didn't catch who, but it was funny none the less. I'm going to miss him eating things.

EM duet with Wille Nelson was great. The song got stuck into my head until "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" started in the next episode. It's too bad the American TV version cut out the credits, because I really enjoyed listening to that song too. And then that old woman pushes Janice out of bed. lol I guess she's not that close to death.

Veterinarian's Hospital! What a fun blast from the past. :sympathy::flirt: It's a shame we hardly saw Rowlf this season.

And then there's the main Kermit/Piggy plot. I liked Kermit's comments in the beginning about how Piggy was changing. It's nice to see real character development addressed like that.

At first I thought Piggy was just being Piggy in not wanting to go to the hospital, but once she explained about her family (and I agree with Kermit. Gross) and said how this is the Hollywood version of it, I really understood where she was coming from. And to lighten the mood we had Piggy on Morpheme, which was hysterical. I especially loved all the imaginary creatures she saw.

I thought the "I Love You" at the end felt really natural. Piggy barely knows what's going on and is saying it to everything, and Kermit saying it back without even thinking is something that the whole episode was building to. And what made it better is that he reflected on what he said and realized just how he feels about her. The other Muppets watching was fun because I'm sure most of the people watching at home were reacting the same way.

And next, the finale... :smile::mad:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVED this episode!!! I watch on HULU, so I saw the end credits, and they were hilarious! :smile:

Outstanding parts for me were Veterinarians Hospital (and Deadly's flawless intro too), Willie singing with the Band (got a bit misty due to it feeling so very Jim & classic Muppet Show-y), and of course when Kermit said I love you. ❤

Most Muppety episode yet, but I say that after every episode, ha! :big_grin:

Yorick

Reaction score
I love how they handled Deadly introducing it cause no can do Jerry's natural voice.
Well said, and since Jerry originally performed UD, it was a nice touch.

This show has gotten a lot better since the 1st episode...I like it a lot! I especially loved the episode that featured Gonzo prominently, when Kermit was glad to have Gonzo back to his old self. That was fantastic. And to see Kermit really show his appreciation for Gonzo was great, too. Like best friends.

ploobis

Reaction score
MY FAVORITE MOMENTS!!! :smile: :mad: :embarrassed: :concern: :rolleyes: :shifty: :wink: :sympathy: :hungry: :grr: :halo: :sing: :big_grin: :flirt: :cool: :confused: :eek:

- Uncle Deadly's scenes

- Bobo passing out at the sight of Miss Piggy's broken leg

- Big Mean Carl eating Pache's phone

- Sweetums chatting with Pache

- Rizzo getting Pache's phone out of Carl's mouth

- Miss Piggy bringing up her days growing up on a farm

- Veterinarian's Hospital with Deadly doing Jerry's classic announcing

- The Swedish Chef sketch with Bunsen & Beaker

- Kermit's reaction to Janice wanting to curl up with senior patients like the psychic cat

- Miss Piggy on morpheme

- The Electric Mayhem performing with Willie Nelson

Also, if Pache doesn't come back to being the network guru I can live with that! He's a pretty hateful character!

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the two-part season finale, and here's my review of the first part, Generally Inhospitable:

In the main story, I did felt pretty concerned for Piggy when she hurt herself trying to do a rendition of "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" by Beyonce. :mad: It was pretty fortunate for Kermit and the others to put on the latest show at the hospital for Piggy's sake, as a way of saying the show must go on! :smile: It was also a great comeback for Veterinarian's Hospital, and seeing Rowlf a part of the show again. :sympathy::flirt: And I also loved Willie Nelson's performance with the Electric Mayhem. :big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo: At the end of the episode, I was really surprised to see Kermit and Piggy exchange the "I love you's" before Piggy was shipped off to surgery, though it was the morphine in Piggy's system talking, and Kermit suddenly realized he still has feelings for her :smile::mad:, which unknown to them the camera was still on and the rest of the Muppets were in shock to see the truth right in front of them. :embarrassed::concern::wink::sympathy::shifty::rolleyes::confused::eek::big_grin::sing::cool::flirt::halo::hungry::attitude::fishy::sleep::boo::skeptical::news::grr::oops::fanatic::crazy::ouch::electric::zany::cluck: The only question left on everyone's and mine is Should Kermit and Piggy get back together or not? Well let's wait for Part 2 and find out. So exciting! :fanatic:

In the Pache storyline, I got to see that there was more to that guy than meets the eye. When he tried to take over the show, and the Muppets try to stop him once more this time by stealing his phone and lock him in the dressing room, I almost thought it was good karma, but then I began to see a part of him that was completely misunderstood as I learn that he was once a chubby kid and had a difficult relationship with his father, thanks to Sweetums' approach to get through to him. It was a nice end to the story when the Muppets helped Pache reconcile with his father and run the family business. I know Pache was the least liked character on the series, but I couldn't help feeling sorry for him in the end and now I think he may have a bright future ahead of him. Nice bit for a season finale.

As we finished up the first part of the Season 1 finale, we now head into Part 2. May as well stick around.