What's the weirdest movie you've ever seen?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If the question is not the worst film I've seen, but it is indeed the weirdest one, then I may have to choose "Human Highway". This is not to say it's a good film, but I have seen worse, and it is one of the strangest! It will be in theaters on the 29th of this month through fathom events. Info here:

http://fathomevents.com/event/an-evening-with-neil-young-live/more-info/theater-locations#close

"Human Highway" has Dean Stockwell, Dennis Hopper, DEVO, and others, and the ten minute "Hey Hey My My (Into The Black)" with Devo is worth the price of admission. Devo's take on "Worried Man" is so much fun, too.

One ticket gets you this film, plus the Neil Young and Crazy Horse concert film "Rust Never Sleeps". Plus a live Q&A with Neil and others involved with "Human Highway".

If even one person sees this post and gives this event a try, that would be super.

On a side note, "Rust Never Sleeps" is very good, in my opinion, as I love rock 'n' roll, and when Neil and the Horse get together, it's impossible to be more rock 'n' roll than they are. The only thing is, they've kept getting better (since RNS) with the wild, untamed noise they make. As the years have gone by, the intensity of their performance, and sound has grown, with great melodies and loads of heart and soul along with it. To paraphrase Neil: Long may they run.

Here's Neil and Crazy Horse in a clip from RNS:
It's nice Neil let Bruce Palmer play bass with him wherever he can. The guy needed a break, after being deported and all the drug busts he racked up.

Yorick

Reaction score
It's nice Neil let Bruce Palmer play bass with him wherever he can. The guy needed a break, after being deported and all the drug busts he racked up.
Thanks for the reply! And I agree with you about Mr. Palmer. Bruce plays on this film:
It's simply called "Neil Young in Berlin" and it's an interesting band...the rhythm section has the aforementioned Bruce from Buffalo Springfield on bass, and Ralph from Crazy Horse on drums. It's a cool concert film with an otherwise unreleased song as the last song.

For fans of weird films, check out "Human Highway" tomorrow night in theaters! Go to http://fathomevents.com/event/an-evening-with-neil-young-live/more-info/theater-locations#close to see where it's playing near you - one night only! :smile:

Here's one more clip from one of the weirdest films I've seen, Human Highway:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see I haven't posted this, so here's another weird movie I've seen: GREASER'S PALACE.

It's a B-movie from the early 70s written, produced, and directed by Robert Downey, Sr. It's billed as a "parable" of Jesus Christ through the New Testament and stars Allan Arbus (Sidney Freedman from M*A*S*H) in his first acting role as the symbolic Christ character who parachutes to earth from nowhere, sporting a large fedora and zoot suit as he boogies his way through the desert to head for Jerusalem to become an actor/singer/dancer.

There's also the titular Greaser's Palace - an old western salloon run by a man named Seaweedhead Greaser (yes, that's actually his name). Greaser has three major problems: 1) he's constipated throughout the entire movie and can't poop (and always has to have a marachi band play when he tries), 2) he keeps killing his son because he thinks he's gay (Arbus's character just keeps bringing him back to life each time), 3) his daughter is the main attraction at his palace and always sings about throwing away her virginity.

Oh, and not just Allan Arbus, but the guy who played Father Mulcahy in the pilot of M*A*S*H (not William Christopher) also plays a character in the movie named Coo Coo.