What's the weirdest movie you've ever seen?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
...which they also did with "Blues Brothers 2000"...and I love Elwood's speech in Blues Brothers 2000, as well:

That is pretty cool. I haven't seen BB2000 all the way through, but I thought one or two scenes seemed interesting. I'm the first one to say sequels made so many years later are usually ill advised. But either way, I never appreciated Nostalgia Critic's review of it. First his "you don't even have the other Blues Brother" quip felt hugely insensitive considering the circumstances. Plus this was around the time Nostalgia Critic was really beginning to jump the shark, and the idea that he was ragging on someone else's project for losing the magic was ironically humorous to me. :halo:

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I saw this independant british film on PBS. It's about this mother who just starts floating one day and keeps going higher and higher with no explaination.
It's actually a really nice film though
Oh wow...I think you win the thread! It seems almost like the Incredible Shrinking Woman in reverse. I wish more movies could achieve this kind of unsettling quality!

Drtooth

Reaction score
That is pretty cool. I haven't seen BB2000 all the way through, but I thought one or two scenes seemed interesting. I'm the first one to say sequels made so many years later are usually ill advised. But either way, I never appreciated Nostalgia Critic's review of it. First his "you don't even have the other Blues Brother" quip felt hugely insensitive considering the circumstances. Plus this was around the time Nostalgia Critic was really beginning to jump the shark, and the idea that he was ragging on someone else's project for losing the magic was ironically humorous to me. :halo:
Hey. Blues Brothers 2000 was probably more respectful and better advised than the Blues Brothers video game.

All I can say to that one is "ugh!" Even the Wayne's World game was less stupid. And brother, that was stupid as heck.

Have to admit, I've seen some student films here and there, but I don't bother saying they're the weirdest things I ever saw. When you even see or hear the words "student" and "film" together like that you pretty much know what to expect. Even the film made by someone using that old Fisher Price cassette tape system pretty much felt like everything was expected.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey. Blues Brothers 2000 was probably more respectful and better advised than the Blues Brothers video game.
Yeah that's the thing, I do get the impression they were trying to be respectful. And the fact that BB2000 is so "out there" at times kinda says to me that it wasn't just your typical cynical studio cash grab.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I certainly haven't seen it nor have the strong desire to. I have the feeling that this thing was made because Ackroyd wanted the characters back in the public eye. I can't call it a cynical move, but at worst it sounds like his heart was in the right place, but nothing else was in terms of production.

Still, SNL's films were painfully hit or miss. Wayne's World is essentially the only one that got praise outside of the original BB film. Even then, seems like everyone hated the sequel. Have to admit, I liked The Coneheads, but trying to turn these short simple skits into big 90 minute plot filled movies just has a terrible track record. Oh. Did I ever tell anyone I saw part of It's Pat on one of those crappy syndicated Saturday/Sunday afternoon movie slots? It was...dull. I had no perspective on the character or the SNL sketches featuring him/her, but seeing a few minutes of that movie made me not want to find any of those ever. It's no wonder that of all the SNL movies, that's the only one in the "So Bad it's Horrible" page on TVTropes.

I can only imagine how bad the Sprockets film was if even Mike Myers felt it was beneath him. The fact that's the reason he was roped into Cat in the Hat as a result... that must've been a horrible script. Even if we got that horrible abomination to Dr. Seuss, it seems we dodged a...well... not so much bullet as a nuclear explosive.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Did I ever tell anyone I saw part of It's Pat on one of those crappy syndicated Saturday/Sunday afternoon movie slots? It was...dull. I had no perspective on the character or the SNL sketches featuring him/her, but seeing a few minutes of that movie made me not want to find any of those ever.
Not my favorite time period in general for SNL. :stick_out_tongue:

Even if we got that horrible abomination to Dr. Seuss, it seems we dodged a...well... not so much bullet as a nuclear explosive.
No, we dodged nothing, just traded one explosion for another, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
SNL goes through those big valleys and hills based on the writers and cast. My problem with sketch shows is that sometimes they have great recurring characters and then flat out awful ones (cough cough Girlfriend's Talk show). If "It's Pat" is the best recurring skit you've got and it's that good enough to greenilight a movie, you know something's dreadfully wrong.

No, we dodged nothing, just traded one explosion for another, lol.
Or worse. We could have had Sprockets and Cat in the Hat with Tim Allen.

But you wonder why they bothered with Sprockets years after the skit was gone. To have some tie-in to the 80's culture comeback of last decade? They lucked out with Blues Brothers and Wayne's World being able to carry a film. Not so lucky with the others. Other than Myer's career was taking off with Austin Powers films and Shrek, there was no reason to even think of that as a movie, let alone film it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wasn't looking for this thread but since I happened across it again, I suddenly remember a bawdy teen movie from over ten years ago that was so bad and so weird it's not even funny: THE NEW GUY. You ever see certain movies where the writing feels like a twelve-year-old fanfiction author trying to write a screenplay to impress his friends and throwing in as much immature and juvenile humor as possible in a pathetic attempt to try to be funny but the end results are an absolute trainwreck? That's this movie. Heck, you know a movie has to be bad when the most memorable scene involves the titular character getting a certain unmentionable body part broken at the hands of an old lady.

Yorick

Reaction score
If the question is not the worst film I've seen, but it is indeed the weirdest one, then I may have to choose "Human Highway". This is not to say it's a good film, but I have seen worse, and it is one of the strangest! It will be in theaters on the 29th of this month through fathom events. Info here:

http://fathomevents.com/event/an-evening-with-neil-young-live/more-info/theater-locations#close

"Human Highway" has Dean Stockwell, Dennis Hopper, DEVO, and others, and the ten minute "Hey Hey My My (Into The Black)" with Devo is worth the price of admission. Devo's take on "Worried Man" is so much fun, too.

One ticket gets you this film, plus the Neil Young and Crazy Horse concert film "Rust Never Sleeps". Plus a live Q&A with Neil and others involved with "Human Highway".

If even one person sees this post and gives this event a try, that would be super.

On a side note, "Rust Never Sleeps" is very good, in my opinion, as I love rock 'n' roll, and when Neil and the Horse get together, it's impossible to be more rock 'n' roll than they are. The only thing is, they've kept getting better (since RNS) with the wild, untamed noise they make. As the years have gone by, the intensity of their performance, and sound has grown, with great melodies and loads of heart and soul along with it. To paraphrase Neil: Long may they run.

Here's Neil and Crazy Horse in a clip from RNS:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The weirdest worst movie (or 2 hour movie-ish equivalent program) I've ever seen would be something called "The Kissing Place" or something equally moronic sounding a title.

It was about this kid who had incessant cryptic memories of not being kidnapped and raised by a crazy woman who winds up dying in the end. Ugh...and Alyssa Milano was in it as some cliche "running away from abusive family" character. It was just...bleh. Must've been a made for TV piece of crap, and I only watched it out of extreme boredom as background noise years and years back. It was every made for TV drama movie cliche thrown into a blender.

You see, at some point one of my local channels filled their weekend afternoon with movies. They were all the cheapest quality crap you'd ever see and maybe sometimes something you'd actually hear about. For a while, for filler, they shoved in crap that was obviously second hands from Lifetime's "All men are terrible abnd will hurt you because this is Lifetime" archives of awful. Must've been one of them, and it looked like it was from the early 80's to boot.

Just an awful, awful film. Worst thing I've ever seen.