The Chipmunks

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I found Road Chip one the second funniest movie I've ever seen, to be quite honest (only beaten by Inside Out). I couldn't stop cracking up!
Though I'm laughing at the comments about Road Chip how the movie stops COLD for a painful Chuck E Cheese advertisement. Shades of Free Birds's stupid ending no doubt.
Actually, they just stop at Chuck E Cheese to eat, "and not to play there". It isn't as bad as how Free Birds used it...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Free Birds used it illogically. To be fair, it was only stamped on a few boxes of pizza, visible only by the sides (unless the theatrical version is different, I saw it on CN out of sheer boredom), and it wasn't mentioned by name. Still, Chuck E. Cheese doesn't deliver pizza, nor is it some place you can (or would want to) run in and pick up a couple pizzas to take home. Putting aside the fact that you can't go in without accompaniment by a child due to the obvious. Then again, the ending was absolutely moronic no matter what crappy product placement they'd have. Just a completely, all around unnecessary movie, Free Birds.

As for the Chipmunks cartoon, I am very happy it's successful and all, but I think we can do without marathons. I'm sure Nick had a reason for pre-empting TMNT this Sunday, but even if they just tossed on a rerun to keep their presence. I mean, the Turtles are still very popular and continue to sell merchandising. I've said hundreds of times by now that I that how Nick treats its cartoons. So yeah, no doubt The Chipmunks are more popular now as a cartoon series than those films if Nick bothers airing it a few episodes daily instead of one 15 minute half episode every week.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I'm certainly glad Nick will be airing a full/complete new episode tonight rather than splitting the half-hours up and airing individual 11 minute entries.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's one real key that these cartoons aren't trying to be as endlessly overly hip and edgy as the movies are, it's the fact that Alvin himself referred to his sneakers as "Tennis Shoes."

No really.

But good episodes all around anyway.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't get it . . . isn't that what everybody calls them anyway?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Must be a regional thing then. Everyone's been calling them sneakers at least since I was born.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I loved how Brit gave Alvin a taste of his own medicine by twirling one of his tennies around and having Eleanor "borrow" it. And Alvin just too cute in that little sunsuit he had to model to get that last purse (for those who don't know, a sunsuit is like a swimsuit, except made with lighter material and not intended for swimming in).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like this new series and all, but it really feels like Alvin's the buttmonkey of his own show sometimes. Somehow, I was hoping the episode would have trended more towards the bags were all faulty and Alvin found the design flaw.

Plus, I have to admit, Elenore was kinda acting like a jealous spoiled brat because her sister won the thing in a lucky moment. I don't see why she was so defensive of Brit here, since you'd think she would have delighted in some schadenfreude of Brit's bag being ruined. Really seems like she should have been responsible for the bag getting wrecked.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I like this new series and all, but it really feels like Alvin's the buttmonkey of his own show sometimes. Somehow, I was hoping the episode would have trended more towards the bags were all faulty and Alvin found the design flaw.
Alvin is a jerk some of the times, so it is justified in certain cases. Though I could definitely see him blaming the bag's design rather than himself for breaking it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I find it a bit odd that Ellie was so wanting the bag to begin with, when she doesn't seem to ever put that much stock in things like that like Britt would. But you know what the sad truth is? Give it a few months, and both Britt and Ellie will find another bag they like instead and fight over it, then a few months later they'll find yet another bag they like instead . . . I've seen that cycle happen before. :stick_out_tongue:

But I agree with mr3urious, this was one of the few times Alvin actually redeemed himself - even Britt was surprised he came through for her. Funnily enough, when Marina talked Alvin into modeling for her, I slowly began to think she must want him to model some pint-sized dresses for her, but that was a funny twist that it was actually babywear, lol.

"I Will Survive" was another prime example of how Derek the Bully is really Derek the Walking Status Quo.