Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I can't remember who or where I read it from (well, it'd either be from here or Ask DST, and would have been from either Zach or the person in charge), but I thought it said it was for series 2, and thought it said that the character in question was from The Muppet Show (Bean Bunny did not appear on The Muppet Show).

But as I can't remember where I saw it (but the number of places I can think of to check is limited), maybe I just misread or misunderstood. Or maybe Diamond changed its plans since.
I think I saw that and might have been about the mini mates.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hi guys. Not posted here for a while. Just wanna say that I'm loving the fact that we are getting a whole new bunch of figures. I have the entire Palisades collection inc all the sets. Do I love these as much as the Palisades??? Can't say until I see these in the flesh but I can say that I am dedicated to collecting this entire line. There is a **** of a lot to love with this range. There seems to be a lot of improvements to what Palisades did and that line was stellar. Quick question....are these figures textured at all?
Cheers
From the close ups that I have seen, not material/fabric textured. Just the main textures like fur and hair.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think I saw that and might have been about the mini mates.
Hmm, if that's the case (and as a matter of fact, I thought I saw a post confirming Statler and Waldorf for series 2, which at first I thought was the action figures, then realized that it wasn't really clear which it was, and forgot about when the series 2 Mini Mates were shown), series 2 does have Mahna Mahna, who Palisades made as a Mini Muppets PVC but not as an action figure, and there's also the generic Swinetrek crew member.

Muppy

Reaction score
So since Miss Piggy isn't in series 2, is it safe to say that a series 3 is likely? Who does everyone think could be in a third series? I'm going to guess Miss Piggy, Rowlf, The Swedish Chef, Sam, and maybe a Pepe and Rizzo two pack ...

rowlfy662

Reaction score

Muppy

Reaction score
http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=2016_New_York_Toy_Fair/Diamond_Select_Toys&pic=DST__Toy_Fair_2016113.jpg&dispsize=600&start=20&sl=25962

Toy news international have been to the Diamond Select booth at Toy Fair & took some pictures. It looks like there will be a picture that can be put on the easel Gonzo comes with & Beaker looks at lot better in this picture in my opinion athough i never thought he looked bad to begin with lol
They all look amazing! And Scooter looks different yet again lol. I'm guess I'm going to have to wait until he's in stores to correctly judge his sculpt.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
They all look amazing! And Scooter looks different yet again lol. I'm guess I'm going to have to wait until he's in stores to correctly judge his sculpt.
I think the reason Scooter keeps looking different is Diamond said that his glasses are removable and your able to position them anyway you want

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Has a date been announced when these will be available in stores?
What stores will they be in?

Looking forward to spending more money

Muppy

Reaction score
Has a date been announced when these will be available in stores?
What stores will they be in?

Looking forward to spending more money
I believe that the figures will be available at both specialty comic book stores and Toys R Us, but the TRU versions come with less accessories (Kermit doesn't have the chair and guitar, etc.). Which is a dumb move I think.