We Bare Bears

Drtooth

Reaction score
So apparently the season finale of We Bare Bears aired yesterday. I didn't see them advertise it. Anyone else catch it? Oh and the second season airs in about two weeks.
It was part of some NBA promotion and it aired with a TTG featuring LaBron James, parodying New Scooby Movies. They've advertised it for a couple weeks, actually. Even had a season two ad tying into the whole NBA gimmick. Strange that this was all just one season so far.

I really loved how protective the bears were of Charlie, especially after he became a big jerk about being cut from the team. He does annoy them, and Griz really tries to be friendly to him in spite of that, but it's great to see that they're close enough and feel bad about how he has to be hidden from the media that they'd come to his aide after all that.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's clear that Charlie wants to be as big a social butterfly as the bears, but there are things setting him back, namely his lack of boundaries and his fear of humans finding out about him. And I love how the humans find a talking Sasquatch so unusual and worthy of posting pics of online, yet don't bat an eyelash over talking bears, likely because they've been out and about for longer. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like that only the bears, Nom Nom, and Charlie can talk as far as animals go. Though if anyone found the pilot episode on Youtube, they had some spiders grumble about something at the end of it. Maybe that's why no one's really phased by it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
An episode where Griz gets (Bland name Product) Hulk Hands with guest star Lou Ferrigno.

Wonder what level of intentional that was.

Ice Bear watching a pregnant woman's exercise video was the gem of the episode.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Ice Bear watching a pregnant woman's exercise video was the gem of the episode.
I wonder if Ice Bear's self-consciousness about his own body will be a recurring thing?

snichols1973

Reaction score
I watched it and thought it was pretty good for a finale. I actually had to set an reminder that it was on at the same time Gonzo was tweeting so I could catch both because I had heard about it being on early yesterday morning. (Didn't get anything answered by Gonzo but oh well)

Yet again the show makes me hate the bigfoot character Charlie but in the end still feel bad for him. I also like how three guys from NBA teams (One I can think of is from the Cleveland Cavs) was on it as guest stars. They were pretty good too. Overall not one of my personal favorites but it's still a great episode and I can't wait for season two in two weeks....now if only CN will say something about Regular Show and why it hasn't been on recently. One episode was suppose to air in December but was forced to wait until this month (I think or next month).

Kyrie Irving (Cleveland), Damian Lillard (Portland), and Paul George (Indiana) were the special guest voices for the "Charlie Ball" episode, and as a hidden reference bonus, Grizzly's appearance may also count as a hidden shout-out to the Memphis Grizzlies....

www.kptv.com/story/31172163/damian-lillard-to-make-guest-appearance-on-cartoon-network-show

mr3urious

Reaction score
Chloe's little slumber party with the bears was really cute, and continued the theme of this child prodigy who still acts like a child when given the chance. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love Chole's voice actress and how she brings so much excitement to her roles. Like having to reanimate an episode of Steven Universe because she gave a passionately angry performance as Ruby levels of excitement. The character is endearing, sure. She's like the surrogate daughter/little sister figure to the bears, and the first human to be nice to them and accept them. But adding a great voice acting performance makes her one of the real breakout roles besides the bears and Charlie.

Plus, more great lines from Ice Bear. He's just one of those characters who can say anything and it's a riot.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was so cute seeing Ice Bear bond with that seal he was supposed to eat as part of a 21-day cleanse where the bears only had to eat what they eat naturally. Of course, their friendship was never meant to last as he had to return it to the zoo as it was drying out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like how he was instantly horrified upon opening the folder to see that he had to eat one.

The entire episode was a tongue in cheek riff on the show's furry confusion, and indeed furry confusion in most anthro-media. The Bears live as humans but are bears so naturally they'd feel terrible eating human food instead of their natural diet. But they feel even worse because their living as humans established their human diets. They went against their own nature, yet that became their nature. I find it a nice counterpoint to the fact that other animals don't talk or live as humans. With the exception of Charlie and Nom-Nom (and the spiders from the pilot if you want to get technical).