Danger Mouse and Powerpuff Girls both announced for comebacks

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think the special counts as a Reboot. And the US never got that dumb PPG anime, even though there was an English dub. It would only be the second actual reboot series. Even then, I dunno if I say it deserves one. Again, season 6...kinda ran out of ideas on that one. I'm waving judgement until I see an actual preview.

But if it's anything like Wabbit or Be Cool Scooby-Doo (despite it's weird flaw), I'd tend to give it a chance.

I dunno if I'd say any other CN show really deserves a second chance (unless it's Megas XL or Sym-Biotic Titan). While I would love to see more Dexter, it would be without Genndy. And last time that happened it wasn't that good.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I also like how, in the Danger Mouse reboot, Greenback isn't always the main villain. One such example is when traveling to Tokyo for a scientists' convention, a high-tech toilet gains sentience and causes all other toilets to rebel after Penfold accidentally flushes a computer chip Squawkencluck designed down it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's one thing I really liked about Gadget and the Gadetinis it was that. Dr. Claw wasn't in every episode and he got to fight other villains. I'm sure Danger Mouse originally had episodes with other villains as well, so they're carrying that on.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm liking how Danger Mouse in the reboot now has a rival/love interest in Jeopardy Mouse, who is also American. He seems to get all clumsy around her the same way he does around Squawkencluck, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We're getting our first look at the new series, which has been announced for April.

Here it is.

Looks promising so far (at least moreso than the special), and the new voice actress for Buttercup doesn't sound too much different. Bob Boyle (Wow Wow Wubzy among others) seems to have kept up most of the original look.

mr3urious

Reaction score
There's something very Steven Universe or Clarence-ish about the designs of the other humans, which isn't really a bad thing, and the animation overall appears to have more fluidity than the original series. And I like how Maurice LaMarche voiced that sexist lumberjack, who may or may not be a new recurring villain.

And doesn't the new logo look like something from the '70s with its bubbly font and its huge drop shadow?

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm a bit upset about this. I really prefered the older animation and Buttercup sounds more like an impression of Blossom than she does Buttercup. Plus i'm still ticked off that they didn't ask the original voice actors to come back despite the fact that they're already very experienced and still very active.
I hope they can at least get some of the old voices like Jennifer Hale and Tom Kenny to play their respective characters.

Perhaps i'm being overly nostalgic,but i'm still not happy about this at all. And this show had better not be another Teen Titans Go. I'm so upset about this,I shouldn't be,but I am. I guess it's hard to get used to major changes when they all happen at once.

Muppy

Reaction score
I hate that I hate how Buttercup sounds. I'm looking forward to the series, but if we're stuck with that new annoying Buttercup (and who knows how Blossom and Bubbles sound) I won't be happy.

WHY CARTOON NETWORK?! WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK THE ORIGINAL PPG VOICE ACTORS TO VOICE THE NEW PPGs?! THEY CAN'T BE REPLACED!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
WHY CARTOON NETWORK?! WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK THE ORIGINAL PPG VOICE ACTORS TO VOICE THE NEW PPGs?! THEY CAN'T BE REPLACED!!!
WB likes to keep recasting or threatening to recast roles because...well... Warner Bros has a pretty bad history featuring a certain great genius artist who was a bit of a pill to work with. Yep. Their history with having to deal with Mel Blanc pretty much turned them into pretty shrewd and frankly miserly group. That's why they have multiple recasts for Looney Tunes characters. To keep the voice actors in their place if they dare ask for extra money. As in "you can always be replaced." Clearly, someone said "hey, if we get the original cast back, they'd probably want extra money for it." so...

And the Simpsons cast doesn't exactly help this case. It's disappointing, especially since Tara Strong is pretty much one third of cartoon female voice actors and is pretty much in all the other shows. Tom Kenny supposedly is still the narrator.

Perhaps i'm being overly nostalgic,but i'm still not happy about this at all. And this show had better not be another Teen Titans Go. I'm so upset about this,I shouldn't be,but I am. I guess it's hard to get used to major changes when they all happen at once.
TTG got their original voice actors back. Of course, they're cheap as crap and if there's any voice actor besides anyone of the main cast, it's like one guest voice. That said, I don't think they'd turn PPG into a troll show that exists to annoy the original series fans. And frankly, if the writing is at least better than that piece of crap last season of the original series, I'm okay with it. The Mayor being a moron with the temperament of a cranky baby, the episode about wearing sunscreen? Heck, I'd argue that's almost like TTG. Toast of the Town was brutal. It's a shame they cheaped out on the voice actors and all, I personally like Bob Boyle's work (cuz it's KoooOOoooOoky), as long as the writing is solid, that's all I care about.

I mean, they got the original voice cast back and Ringo Starr (my favorite Beatle because I'm nuts) for that TV special. Didn't stop the writing from sucking. Babyish temper tantrums from the Powerpuff Girls? I don't expect that from Bubbles, and I certainly don't expect it from Blossom. And Buttercup would go on an angry rampage. And let's not get started on Japan's version of the series. It's not even that much of a parody of Magic Girl shows. The Ninja Turtles got more respect and they were turned into Wolverine.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
WB likes to keep recasting or threatening to recast roles because...well... Warner Bros has a pretty bad history featuring a certain great genius artist who was a bit of a pill to work with. Yep. Their history with having to deal with Mel Blanc pretty much turned them into pretty shrewd and frankly miserly group. That's why they have multiple recasts for Looney Tunes characters. To keep the voice actors in their place if they dare ask for extra money. As in "you can always be replaced." Clearly, someone said "hey, if we get the original cast back, they'd probably want extra money for it." so...

And the Simpsons cast doesn't exactly help this case. It's disappointing, especially since Tara Strong is pretty much one third of cartoon female voice actors and is pretty much in all the other shows. Tom Kenny supposedly is still the narrator.
That's kinda messed up. They don't lump every screen actor into one group,they shouldn't do it with voice actors. Besides Tara Strong gets so many jobs,I assumed everyone liked working with her and she came pretty cheap. Her and Grey Delisle are in practically every single WB cartoon.

TTG got their original voice actors back. Of course, they're cheap as crap and if there's any voice actor besides anyone of the main cast, it's like one guest voice. That said, I don't think they'd turn PPG into a troll show that exists to annoy the original series fans. And frankly, if the writing is at least better than that piece of crap last season of the original series, I'm okay with it. The Mayor being a moron with the temperament of a cranky baby, the episode about wearing sunscreen? Heck, I'd argue that's almost like TTG. Toast of the Town was brutal. It's a shame they cheaped out on the voice actors and all, I personally like Bob Boyle's work (cuz it's KoooOOoooOoky), as long as the writing is solid, that's all I care about.
That's true,just about anything would be better than the sixth season. Heck,six hours of watching Betty White swallow a banana whole and pulling it back out through her nose,would be way more entertaining than the last season of PPG.