The Muppets Episode 12 - A Tail of Two Piggies

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "A Tail of Two Piggies"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Thought this was a heck of a lot better than last week's episode. That one was lack luster at best.

This one was funny because Piggy let a little wardrobe malfunction happen, and the news media decides to go nuts on her which she doesn't like.

Funny points-
Big Mean Carl eating Scooter after Scooter asking for someone to help him

Sweetums messing up his work by not catching him balance and Kermit commenting that it reminded him of a Japanese horror film. Was that a Godzilla reference?

Everyone saying to heck with the network and letting themselves have a tail and showing it off

Animal trying to figure out if Piggy or one of the Kardashians said a quote

Joan Jett and the Muppets singing Bad Reputation and swearing. Nice touch

The not so good-
Lips not speaking.................Speak! Give him lines man!

One a side note-
This show needs to start zeroing on other characters and plots besides Piggy, Kermit, and side stories with Gonzo. Get the Electric Mayhem as the focus of several plots, or have a few of them like Zoot and Lips in a plot or two. Just branch out more with characters and different stories.
I couldn't agree more on your last two thoughts about the episode. I rully wanna see Lips and Zoot talk more!! (especially Lips)

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
UGH! Those stupid people aren't giving Muppets good ratings!:mad: What in the name of Walter Elias Disney is wrong with these people? If they don't give them good rating this minute, the Muppets gone forever! Looks like the Muppets are doomed!:cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, it would certainly help is Disney and ABC would let the Muppets just be the Muppets rather than trying too hard to morph them into a Muppet Modern Office Family in an attempt to give them mainstream appeal; but that's not to say they should try to reboot/rehash TMS - they already tried that with MT and it didn't work very well. And again, they said the reason they got a new showrunner was because the show was lacking humor and heart . . . but when they try too hard to make this show mirror other shows that lack those qualities, it's very doubtful those qualities are going to materialize into thin air. What needs to happen is to stop bringing in other writers and producers from other popular mainstream shows and let actual Muppet writers do something. That's not going to happen though because there's a desperation to ensure the Muppets achieve mainstream success, which is why they're relying on mainstream writers to try to help them achieve that.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Again, it would certainly help is Disney and ABC would let the Muppets just be the Muppets rather than trying too hard to morph them into a Muppet Modern Office Family in an attempt to give them mainstream appeal; but that's not to say they should try to reboot/rehash TMS - they already tried that with MT and it didn't work very well. And again, they said the reason they got a new showrunner was because the show was lacking humor and heart . . . but when they try too hard to make this show mirror other shows that lack those qualities, it's very doubtful those qualities are going to materialize into thin air. What needs to happen is to stop bringing in other writers and producers from other popular mainstream shows and let actual Muppet writers do something. That's not going to happen though because there's a desperation to ensure the Muppets achieve mainstream success, which is why they're relying on mainstream writers to try to help them achieve that.
Frankly the public doesn't give a hoot, they'll watch the occasional guest apperance on The View or chuckle about their super bowl ad and comment on youtube about "muppets is my childhood, miss piggy was the best also elmo and the two old guys with cookie monster", but no one wants to stick around for an actual muppet show, because we all saw what happened to the ratings, it doesn't matter who writes it.

Lourenzo

Reaction score
But the show is getting better and the characters are starting to feel more like themselves. Haven't you watched any recent episodes?

Grovette

Reaction score
I saw an article saying that Netflix wanted to pick up The Muppets before ABC took it. Wouldn't that have been better for the show?

The show is amazing and fun, although it seems that they're not using their full potential. The show should be edgy!
They need an hour show or at least a full 30 mins!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I saw an article saying that Netflix wanted to pick up The Muppets before ABC took it. Wouldn't that have been better for the show?
Not necessarily, because not everybody has Netflix, so this wouldn't have worked well enough if the idea is to try to have the Muppets achieve mainstream status, because they would only be seen by a small percentage of the public; that was one of the concerns about SST moving to HBO, as not everybody has HBO - but almost everybody has PBS, which is why it's good PBS will get the new episodes nine months later.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few people have been saying that this episode ended on a cliffhanger. I didn't see Camilla's entrance as a cliffhanger... I thought it was pretty much implied that they would get back together. if there was a "to be continued..." I would see it as a cliffhanger (but do TV shows do the "to be continued" anymore?).