Muppet Film and TV References

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It irked me when Pat Sajak called Fozzie one of the lesser known muppets on Wheel of Fortune, the same thing happened on Celebrity Name Game when the answer was Gonzo, and after the person didn't get it, Craig Ferguson said he was not one of the popular muppets even though he's one of the main ones in the franchise.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
In a second season episode of Family Matters,Ritchie(Carl and Harriet's nephew) asks Harriet if he can watch his Sesame Street tape. Harriet replies,"Sorry,your Uncle Carl wore it out.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
There was a Muppet reference on Wheel of Fortune tonight. The speedround puzzle was FOZZIE BEAR which I knew with only the R showing. Yet none of the contestants knew even after all the consonants were in the puzzle. Strange that some people in the LA area aren't familiar with The Muppets.
Last night, one of the speedround puzzles had Oscar the Grouch as the answer and the contestant who answered with only one or two letters.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It irked me when Pat Sajak called Fozzie one of the lesser known muppets on Wheel of Fortune, the same thing happened on Celebrity Name Game when the answer was Gonzo, and after the person didn't get it, Craig Ferguson said he was not one of the popular muppets even though he's one of the main ones in the franchise.
Yeah. I don't know what it is with game shows and Muppets. On "Hollywood Squares" when Muppets appeared they were overlooked by the contestants. It's very sad.

It's also sad that I missed OSCAR THE GROUCH last night, but kudos to the contestant who solved it with only two letters. Heck, I remember they had that puzzle one time on my WOF PC game and I would have been able to solve it probably without any letters knowing the category and the number of boxes. But since I didn't get to start that round I didn't get a chance.

Anyway, we have two more days of "Beaches Family Resorts Week" on Wheel. I wonder what other SS Muppets they'll use. I'm hoping for Mr. Snuffleupagus. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I didn't quite hear the set up of the line, but last night's Venture Bros. had The Monarch say something about something that looks like "the 'Not the Mama! Not the Mama' Dinosaur puppet."

They always make slightly esoteric references in that series.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yet another one on tonight's episode of The Goldbergs: one of Adam's aliases used for taking advantage of Columbia House's "12 tapes for a penny" deal was Kermit D. Fonz.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was a real triple whammy for Muppet references. Not only was his alias a reference to The Muppets (and apparently one he had in real life if the archival footage is to be believed), but when Adam tries telling his sister how much of an adult he is, his mother informs him that "Muppet Babies is on" as well as one of the tapes he scammed Columbia House out of was "Songs from Fraggle Rock."

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Ya, I've seen all of The Goldbergs so far, there have been tons of references, and Kermit D. Fonz cracked me up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A couple over the weekend on Cartoon Network.

Robot Chicken did a Muppet Babies skit which, like most Robot Chicken skits ends with one of them dying. They were pretending to play King Kong and Kermit falls to his death. And I really think there's a lost opportunity to make a blatant critique of the show's biggest gaping hole. The fact Nanny is never present with the babies playing. But it goes for a not too funny darker joke.

A pretty fleeting one in Adventure Time. During the chaos of the changing of the Banana Guards, one of the guards walks by holding (and talking about) "Ten Whipped Cream Pies" before taking a fall.