The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm hoping The Real O' Neals doesn't step on the muppets.' neck in the ratings, too. It doesn't look too awful, but it better keep to itself. :grr:
Ya, I think it's reached the point where the glut of family comedies is getting annoying a bit, hopefully that generic family comedy tanks in the ratings, but that's unlikely considering all the successful ones that dominate
I agree it doesn't look bad, just... unnecessary. It could very well be good, but I get "the New Normal" vibes from it. Remember? The in your face comedy that didn't change the hearts and minds of anyone and was full of Glee character expies (same guys behind it)? It feels way too over the top for me. Very hamfisted in the message about religious people not being perfect and hypocritical.

I'm assuming ABC will pick either O'Neals or The Muppets, because they can't renew so many comedies, maybe Dr. Ken caves in and gets cancelled leaving The Muppets to go to Fridays, but at this point lets hope The Muppets crushes it in the ratings.
Ugh. I'd almost rather TM get canned than a pathetic Friday slot. If it has to happen that way, it has to, but I just don't see it getting a third season if that's the case. Especially after Last Man Standing. How come that keeps getting renewed?

Muppy

Reaction score
Woah ho ho. "Swine Song" was a great way to start the second half of season one! For those skeptical of how Kristin is taking the show, don't be alarmed. It's right in the same vein as the recent episodes (from Pig's in a Blackout up until Single all the Way). There's lots of Muppety goodness to enjoy!

Some non spoilery things I'll discuss. The theme song ending is different ... Instead of Kermit being alone while saying "it's time to get things started", Piggy hands him some coffee, and Kermit cheerfully delivers his line. I don't know if this will be a new thing now, where there's different theme song endings, but I'm all for it! Another thing is that this show is really trying to tell everyone that "the muppets." has been updated. The whole plot is about updating "Up Late with Miss. Piggy", and it parallels the real life "reboot" a lot. This episode paves the way for tons of great sketches, and musical numbers in future episodes!

Aaaaaand
Denise breaks up with Kermit in this episode ... so I don't know if we'll be seeing her again.

This episode was really great and I hope people who turned away from the show back in 2015, give this episode a watch. It'll reassure a LOT of people in my opinion.

(BTW, Gloria Estefan the penguin and Uncle Deadly need an episode dedicated to them ASAP)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I agree it doesn't look bad, just... unnecessary. It could very well be good, but I get "the New Normal" vibes from it. Remember? The in your face comedy that didn't change the hearts and minds of anyone and was full of Glee character expies (same guys behind it)? It feels way too over the top for me. Very hamfisted in the message about religious people not being perfect and hypocritical.

Ugh. I'd almost rather TM get canned than a pathetic Friday slot. If it has to happen that way, it has to, but I just don't see it getting a third season if that's the case. Especially after Last Man Standing. How come that keeps getting renewed?
Fridays are bad, but I am I'd rather see it get renewed for 2 seasons to at last be considered more successful and have a higher episode count than MT did, at least it got more episodes instead of less, and wasn't burned off in the summer.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Woah ho ho. "Swine Song" was a great way to start the second half of season one! For those skeptical of how Kristin is taking the show, don't be alarmed. It's right in the same vein as the recent episodes (from Pig's in a Blackout up until Single all the Way). There's lots of Muppety goodness to enjoy!

Some non spoilery things I'll discuss. The theme song ending is different ... Instead of Kermit being alone while saying "it's time to get things started", Piggy hands him some coffee, and Kermit cheerfully delivers his line. I don't know if this will be a new thing now, where there's different theme song endings, but I'm all for it! Another thing is that this show is really trying to tell everyone that "the muppets." has been updated. The whole plot is about updating "Up Late with Miss. Piggy", and it parallels the real life "reboot" a lot. This episode paves the way for tons of great sketches, and musical numbers in future episodes!

Aaaaaand
Denise breaks up with Kermit in this episode ... so I don't know if we'll be seeing her again.

This episode was really great and I hope people who turned away from the show back in 2015, give this episode a watch. It'll reassure a LOT of people in my opinion.

(BTW, Gloria Estefan the penguin and Uncle Deadly need an episode dedicated to them ASAP)
Any new or different obscure characters to watch for in the background?

Muppy

Reaction score
Any new or different obscure characters to watch for in the background?
I think Lew Zealand was the only new obscure character, but you probably already knew that. I think I might have saw Bubba the Rat? But then again, I wasn't looking for obscure characters (but I can next week :wink:)