The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree, but it's not like they display them on screen. I certainly agree with Adventure Time's policies on not doing episode title puns. More shows should adopt that.
"A Tail of Two Piggies" - When Miss Piggy suffers a scandalous wardrobe malfunction, the network is outraged, and Piggy is forced to question everything she stands for, but Kermit and the gang rally together and come to her defense. Meanwhile, Gonzo misses his ex-girlfriend Camilla, so Pepe and Rizzo decide to throw a house party to cheer him up, on "The Muppets," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9 (8:30-9:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.
Other than the less than freshness of referencing that incident again, this sounds like a solid episode. I'm glad that if they're going to do a relationship subplot about Gonzo, they at least mention his former main chicken.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I will say, I am liking how ABC is still showing reruns of the muppets. rather than pulling the show altogether like they have with other shows that failed much worse in the past, like Lucky 7 and Back in the Game. Maybe the network is satisfied with the ratings it's pulling in already?

Drtooth said:
Other than the less than freshness of referencing that incident again, this sounds like a solid episode. I'm glad that if they're going to do a relationship subplot about Gonzo, they at least mention his former main chicken.
I am iffy about the wardrobe malfunction, too, but hopefully it's executed better in the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only reason why I'm not seriously worried about the show (concerned, but not pulling my hair out of my head) is that ABC really wants to make this show work. I'm glad that not only are they rerunning it, but showing marathons every so often.

Of course, it can't be stated enough that this is the first season and the writers are trying to get this show. There's a balance between not making it Muppet Show 3.0 and trying to keep the Muppet factor in there. It's painfully obvious in the first few episodes they were trying to find the sweet spot of not making a kid's show, but not making anything too raunchy (I reiterate, old Simpsons episodes are more risque), and I think they finally found it halfway through. Let's be honest. This show isn't easy. There's a lot of risks they took, and some of them were very worth while. Some stuff fell flat, but it seems they've distanced themselves from what didn't work in earlier episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With the wardrobe malfunction theme in mind, I had wondered if that pool/hot tub party was really a nudist party (since many of them we don't see below the waste, and some we can see are wearing towels). But then I remembered that there is an image of Janice in a bikini, and Gonzo's swimming trunks can clearly be seen in another photo (while the people Fozzie is talking to in the background are fully dressed).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't think its a nudist party,maybe someone lost their bathing suit.
No, I said I started thinking that before realizing some things about other pictures. None of the pictures show anyone obviously nude, I just started momentarily wondering that, since everyone was shown above the waist, and in one shot I didn't really see anyones swimming trunks (I saw that Lips had a towel wrapped around his trunk area. But then remembered that there is a picture of Janice in a bikini, and Gonzo's trunks can be seen in one photo.