Comic strips you'd love to see as animated series

mr3urious

Reaction score
That Marvin TV special had some nice animation from the same studio as the Berenstain Bears cartoon from that decade, particularly with cousin Megan's gymnastics routine, and even a nice little commentary on child pageants years before JonBenet Ramsey and a certain redneck girl gave them widespread attention.

Blondie even got a nice little special in the '80s with Frank Welker voicing Dagwood.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey! I saw that Blondie one not too long ago. The boss was voiced by Allan Oppenheimer, and he sounded sort of like Prime Evil (or Battlecat if you prefer). I think Marvel animation did that one. No wonder they had that crossover on Muppet Babies.

The Marvin one I have fond memories of, actually. I remember exactly which VHS I taped it on (long broken). Had some Fat Alberts on there, I recall.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also, as saccharine as Rose is Rose is, an animated series would be great for its visuals alone.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i would like to see cathy as a cartoon eventhough two animated cathy tv specials aired on cbs long long time ago

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'd like to see Kevin & Kell animated. And Girl Genius would make a nifty feature movie.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Since it started out as a comic, I would love to see a new Sam & Max series actually aimed at adults with the adult content from the comics and games, and the wit from the Fox Kids show as well. Keep Harvey Atkin & Rob Tinkler on as the voices for the main characters, along with creator Steve Purcell as head writer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd like to see Kevin & Kell animated. And Girl Genius would make a nifty feature movie.
You mean Kenan and Kel? An animated series might be interesting, probably if it was in Chuckimation like this:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even though he's one of the least relevant comic strips in the modern world, it's sad that Dick Tracy got screwed when it came to animation. All there is is an obscure as heck Filmation cartoon (with the Archie characters doing the voice work...no kidding) and that awful 1960's cartoon with the lame stereotypes. Shame the 1990's movie wasn't successful enough to get a Batman TAS like series based on the character.

Oh...and while it technically sort of counts as a strip, I guess... it would have been fun to have a Super Mario-Kun Anime. Even if it never left the East. Super Mario-kun, of course, is a stylized version of the character in short gag comics in Corocoro comics, a kid's publication that has a lot of video game based strips in it. It's still running as far as I know...

Erine81981

Reaction score
Oh...and while it technically sort of counts as a strip, I guess... it would have been fun to have a Super Mario-Kun Anime. Even if it never left the East. Super Mario-kun, of course, is a stylized version of the character in short gag comics in Corocoro comics, a kid's publication that has a lot of video game based strips in it. It's still running as far as I know...

I would love to see a new Super Mario animated series. I know we are talking about comics but like the post above me said.