Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm still holding out for a few gems from Season One- English versions of songs like "Gone With the Wind", " Windy", and "Up Up and Away". The phantom poster (or not-so-phantom) has already shortened my Bucket List quite a bit, I can only be grateful for what we've been treated to so far.

Like Grandpa Joe says in the Willy Wonka movie, when Charlie brings home a loaf of bread to the impoverished family, " Who cares WHERE he got it. The important thing is HE GOT IT!"

And thank you for getting it. 8)

ssetta

Reaction score
I would like to point out that I have been told that there will not be anymore episodes from this source. I'm not saying who I heard this from, but I got thinking ... I wonder if maybe someone actually hacked into the Sesame Workshop vault illegally. I know they obviously came from Sesame Workshop but I'm wondering who exactly got it from them. And I wonder if maybe the person getting the episodes got caught, and these are bootlegged episodes, and we shouldn't even be watching these episodes.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I don't think they're bootlegged. I saw some really old ones (including the test episode of SS) on You Tube.

cjd874

Reaction score
I'm still holding out for a few gems from Season One- English versions of songs like "Gone With the Wind", " Windy", and "Up Up and Away". The phantom poster (or not-so-phantom) has already shortened my Bucket List quite a bit, I can only be grateful for what we've been treated to so far.

Like Grandpa Joe says in the Willy Wonka movie, when Charlie brings home a loaf of bread to the impoverished family, " Who cares WHERE he got it. The important thing is HE GOT IT!"

And thank you for getting it. 8)
Let's not forget the "Surprise" clip that so many fans have been talking about, with Big Bird, Grover, Mr. Hooper, Gordon, Maria, and others. If that ever surfaces, I will literally drop everything and watch it ten times in a row.

And while I also wondered where these classic episodes were coming from, after a while, I didn't really care, as long as the content kept popping up. So we should all enjoy it while it lasts.

What stuff have we gotten that didn't even air on the show?
If I recall, the season 2 sketch "Happiness is about looking up" with :stick_out_tongue: and :insatiable: didn't air on SS (but don't quote me on it for sure). It's now on Sesame Street's Youtube channel.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Let's not forget the "Surprise" clip that so many fans have been talking about, with Big Bird, Grover, Mr. Hooper, Gordon, Maria, and others. If that ever surfaces, I will literally drop everything and watch it ten times in a row.

And while I also wondered where these classic episodes were coming from, after a while, I didn't really care, as long as the content kept popping up. So we should all enjoy it while it lasts.

If I recall, the season 2 sketch "Happiness is about looking up" with :stick_out_tongue: and :insatiable: didn't air on SS (but don't quote me on it for sure). It's now on Sesame Street's Youtube channel.
Plus a lot of sketches are made but aren't put here on the US version like B&E bits.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know you said not to quote you on it, but just because Muppet Wiki doesn't have an EKA for a sketch doesn't mean it has never aired. There's hundreds of episodes the wiki has no pages on, probably just as many that are compiled by incomplete program guides.

mariolover

Reaction score
I don't think they're bootlegged. I saw some really old ones (including the test episode of SS) on You Tube.
They still might be bootlegged. The test episode of Sesame Street actually came from the Old School: Volume 2 DVD. And Episode 1 came from unpaved. None of these other rare episodes that surfaced have ever been released commercially. So I have a feeling that someone might have broke into SW's vault to get them.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
They still might be bootlegged. The test episode of Sesame Street actually came from the Old School: Volume 2 DVD. And Episode 1 came from unpaved. None of these other rare episodes that surfaced have ever been released commercially. So I have a feeling that someone might have broke into SW's vault to get them.
Well, I don't know about breaking into the vaults, but it might've been someone who works at the archives leaked the episodes because they knew SW had no intention of releasing them anytime soon. I'm pretty sure that's at least the case with those season 22 episodes that surfaced.