What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I just recently got the 80's Q-bert cartoon series on DVD.
That's also my newest DVD! (before that I got a DVD of another odd, forgotten relic of TV animation -- the forefather of faux-interactive TV, "Winky Dink and You") I got it as one of my Christmas gifts, and a Q*bert tshirt to match. A corny series, sure, but I've loved Q*bert since I was a kid, playing the PS1 version.

I've been meaning to add Hanna Barbera's Pac-Man to my collection too, but the first season's pretty pricey at $30 They've also got a Dragon's Lair series I never heard about...

Hopefully I can get all of those at some point. I'm also thinking of getting the Chuck Jones "Phantom Tollbooth" movie at some point too, cause I really loved the book, and I've only seen bits and pieces of the movie before.

Last edited:

Yorick

Reaction score
"Follow That Bird" and this version came with a new (at the time of it's release) interview with Mr. Spinney! It was wonderful to see this absolutely fantastic film again; it is so perfect, that it makes so many other films look bad in comparison.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Robot Chicken Season 2 - The show's awesome and I found it at a book store for cheap. I've already watched the whole thing 3 times lol, I can't get enough of it. Even my parents have liked some of the episodes on there, :stick_out_tongue:. It has all of the show's major running gags from Lindsay Lohan not being able to pronounce her own name to M. Night Shamalyn saying "WHAT A TWIST!". Classic Robot Chicken at it's the finest. Although I could've done without the Jesus and the Argonauts skit, the rest of it was really funny and that one bit didn't stop me from enjoying it. I usually tend to skip over that one though, especially because it's probably the longest religious skit they've ever done (3 minutes, I think). There are also a lot of the show's classic cartoon parodies on this disc collection from Garfield taking Heathcliff to court to Bugs Bunny rap battling with Elmer Fudd, almost every old cartoon I can think of got spoofed at least once that season. It's definitely something I would recommend, to fans and non-fans alike (it would be a great season for new fans to start off with in my opinion).

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I AM BIG BIRD, because some of the SST cast were at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo this past weekend, and Caroll had some copies at his table for sale, so I picked one up.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I didn't buy this recently, it was given to me as a gift a few years ago. But I'd say that it kinda sorta counts because I hadn't even opened it up until recently. It was:Harry Potter (the entire film collection). I finally decided to sit down and watch Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone for the first time after years of hearing how awesome it is. Guess what? I can safely say that I think it is one of the best family oriented fantasy films I've ever seen :smile:. Definitely planning on watching the Chamber of Secrets this week.

Erine81981

Reaction score
"The Lucy Show" complete series back in August.
I love that show. I also have the complete series on DVD too. I bought the complete series just so I could get the rest of the seasons I only had the first three and needed the last three to complete.

I recently bought the "Captain Underpants" DVD movie but hadn't watch it or opened it cause I wanted to wait till I had a good collection to do one of my VHS, DVD and Stuff Haul video that I do but also I'm reading the CUP collection so at least I could maybe understand the movie better.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Robot Chicken Season 3 - After all the sadness and depression I've had this week due to losing my dog Rooster, I figured that some Robot Chicken is all I needed to help cheer myself up and boy was I right! This show quickly reminded me of the joys of life and made me happy again. I've been watching this show for a while so I pretty much knew what to expect. Parodies of pop culture from the 70s and 80s, taking on controversial issues with little to no restraint, a boatload of celebrity cameos, references to everything geeky, etc. This season was a little darker than the others though with quite a few grossout scenes that made me cringe but it wasn't anything too bad compared to others shows like Family Guy. Despite the season relying a bit more on gore/dark jokes than the others, it was still just as upbeat, silly, and creative as the two that came before it. With parodies of everything from The Legend of Zelda to Beetlejuice to Smurfs to Fraggle Rock, there was enough content to keep me entertained for a LONG time. They probably added some gamers to the writing crew this season, because I noticed a significantly larger amount of video game parodies. Although the majority of my gaming knowledge is from large crossover games like Smash Bros, I still think I was able to understand enough to find the skits funny. Although i'm a millennial and I'm not old enough to know that much about Mr. Magoo nor am I old enough to have been acquainted with She-Ra, but just because I missed some references doesn't mean they aren't funny. I think that if you understand the basic premise of the property being referenced, that's probably enough to find it funny. The only skit is could've done without is the Everybody Hates Chris parody with Jesus (It wasn't anything too unexpected by Robot Chicken standards, but I still found it a bit disturbing due to how I can't find any humor in the historical event they were portraying, with or without the Everybody Hates Chris reference). But the rest of it was really funny and a great, entertaining way to help me get my mind off the loss of my dog/close friend.

Furbelle

Reaction score
I can't even remember the last time I bought a disk. I usually stream everything these days.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Robot Chicken Season 3 - After all the sadness and depression I've had this week due to losing my dog Rooster, I figured that some Robot Chicken is all I needed to help cheer myself up and boy was I right! This show quickly reminded me of the joys of life and made me happy again. I've been watching this show for a while so I pretty much knew what to expect. Parodies of pop culture from the 70s and 80s, taking on controversial issues with little to no restraint, a boatload of celebrity cameos, references to everything geeky, etc. This season was a little darker than the others though with quite a few grossout scenes that made me cringe but it wasn't anything too bad compared to others shows like Family Guy. Despite the season relying a bit more on gore/dark jokes than the others, it was still just as upbeat, silly, and creative as the two that came before it. With parodies of everything from The Legend of Zelda to Beetlejuice to Smurfs to Fraggle Rock, there was enough content to keep me entertained for a LONG time. They probably added some gamers to the writing crew this season, because I noticed a significantly larger amount of video game parodies. Although the majority of my gaming knowledge is from large crossover games like Smash Bros, I still think I was able to understand enough to find the skits funny. Although i'm a millennial and I'm not old enough to know that much about Mr. Magoo nor am I old enough to have been acquainted with She-Ra, but just because I missed some references doesn't mean they aren't funny. I think that if you understand the basic premise of the property being referenced, that's probably enough to find it funny. The only skit is could've done without is the Everybody Hates Chris parody with Jesus (It wasn't anything too unexpected by Robot Chicken standards, but I still found it a bit disturbing due to how I can't find any humor in the historical event they were portraying, with or without the Everybody Hates Chris reference). But the rest of it was really funny and a great, entertaining way to help me get my mind off the loss of my dog/close friend.
We have this special monthly thing at the library called Gamer's Club where we basically just meet up and do whatever (it's not TOO much about video games despite the name). But anyway, I'm thinking about bringing this disc with me next time and playing it on the big screen. I have a feeling that some of my friends would probably enjoy this show. If anything, I just want to see some of the reactions due to how downright bizarre some of these parodies are. I don't have to worry about angry complaints from parents either because people will bring in M-rated games and inappropriate videos all the time in our little group and with the random, diverse nature of this variety show:I'm sure everybody is gonna have at least one skit they like.