Your Thoughts: Star Wars Episode 7 - The Force Awakens *Contains Spoilers*

TheMuppetFan

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Rey's encounter with the Skywalkers' lightsaber and her experience with the Force, including the Jedi mind trick gambit with the stormtrooper and the lightsaber duel with Kylo Ren, may indicate that she might be related to Luke or Leia, but I guess that's something which has yet to be revealed in Episode VIII....
Yeah, I feel like there's going to be some plot twist in the next episode where we find out that Rey has been related to Luke.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK here goes:

Pros: Loved all the new characters, amazingly endearing all the way! Looking forward to seeing them again (which is a huge step up from the prequels). :flirt:

Probably my favorite moment from the original cast was C-3PO reuniting with R2-D2. You know those guys pretty much started the franchise and yet get so little credit from fans and creators. :halo:

Cons: Really just one. The dialogue was no more than adequate, which is a big step down from the original films. It did always feel like two seconds of conversation before moving on to the next action scene. Whatever I felt for the characters came entirely from the actors, period. Maybe if they'd had as many names under "Written by" as they did under "Digital Artists," we'd have something. :wink:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
LOVED Rey, she's my favorite new Star Wars character. Too much to say right now, but my favorite part was when Luke's lightsaber went to Rey. Chills!

After my first viewing, I felt defeated due to what happened with Han. Second viewing: just embraced everything even moreso. And today for my third viewing, the love kept growing.

I absolutely LOVE this movie! It has a few problematic elements, but nothing that's gonna ruin it for me.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel like there's going to be some plot twist in the next episode where we find out that Rey has been related to Luke.
There is also the previously mentioned possibility that Rey could possibly be related to Leia, since loyal Jedi (Anakin being the noteworthy exception to the rule) are expected to take an implicit vow of celibacy...

From The Clone Wars (episode II):
Obi-Wan Kenobi: You look tired.
Anakin Skywalker: I don't sleep well anymore.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Because of your mother?
Anakin Skywalker: I don't know why I keep dreaming about her now. I haven't seen her since I was little.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Dreams pass in time.
Anakin Skywalker: I'd rather dream of Padmé. Just being around her again is... intoxicating.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Be mindful of your thoughts, Anakin, they betray you. You've made a commitment to the Jedi Order... a commitment not easily broken...

---------
Anakin [to Padme]: Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say, that we are encouraged to love.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Saw this yesterday, probably at the least crowded screening in the country (the place was packed, but I was able to get tickets, and most of everyone filled the theater 15 minutes before the showing). It was fan-FREAKIN'-Tastic! J J Abrahms pulled it off. I was a might skeptical, but heard such good word of mouth. I tried to go in without it being upsold on it, but I'm glad I was. If for the very least, Abrahms was able to get solid performances out of all involved. No Prequel wooden-ness here. Absolutely wonderful on every level. The old characters aren't just there for smiles and waves. They did something with them, and something interesting. And BB-8 was adorable.

There is one detail I really liked about the villain...

I liked how Kylo Ren was just a butthurt little emo Darth Vader fanboy who was brainwashed and being used by a bigger force, all the while thinking he's a bigger bad&^% than he really is. And there's three reasons for that. First off, well... certain recent events and a certain group. Secondly, I take it as a delightful backhanded reference to what the prequel trilogy did with Anakin. And thirdly, of course that's what would go down in the case of the movie. Vader was such a big presence of evil that he'd be used as a martyr for the First Order cause, obviously to contrast with Luke's legend of hope. And of course, one would be that much of a snotty little creep to actually try and emulate him. Rey's line of "You'll never be as strong as Vader" says it all. Kylo was never meant to be a dark specter of evil like Vader was, and he's supposed to come off as a little pathetic. Much stronger than a Vader knockoff they could have gone with.

Still, the real challenge is trying to keep episodes 8 and 9, not to mention the spinoffs with consistent quality. The ending of this movie made me very excited for episode 8.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I saw It for the third time last week and it gets better with each view, You notice things you did not notice on your last view!!!! like In Maz Kanata's castle I saw Hondo Ohnaka !!!!!!!!!!!!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I saw it a second time at a 5 dollar theater but, I feel asleep. Thankfully a friend woke me up.

ElanaV

Reaction score
I liked it, though I wished that there was more R2D2 antics.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I saw it the day after it opened. Saturday the 19. I LOVED IT! I couldn't contain myself. When the opening credits came on the screen everyone roared with excitement.
My two favorite characters are Rey and BB-8. I just couldn't get enough of them. I did enjoy Fin's character. He was really funny at times. Loved seeing Han and Chiew. Them two always make a Star Wars movie.
I really do hope that (yes everyone who is an R2-D2 fan) see more of R2-D2 in the next movies. To me BB-8 is like the new R2 of the film. He made me feel like I was a kid again getting to see a new droid character. I would love to see a new cartoon series (like the 80's one about C3PO and R2-D2) with 3PO and R2 and other droids. That would make my day.

But can't wait enough for the next one and hopefully it gets here soon.