International skits on Youtube...

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a failing of the swear filter, if anything. I think that's just about enough of it being off topic.

And just to get things back on topic, I had to pull up this random German dub of a Prairie Dawn and Cookie clip.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's not a dub; it's an original piece they made in Germany (like the E&B bits).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
So the German Sesame Street uses Cookie, Grover, Ernie, Bert, Elmo, & Prairie Dawn now, I thought it was only E&B.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not a dub; it's an original piece they made in Germany (like the E&B bits).
To be totally honest, I didn't even watch the whole thing, I just wanted to move the conversation away from the fact someone cussed and it wasn't picked up by the filter. This is the "International Videos on Youtube Thread" not the pick on the guy who's language got by the swear filter somehow thread.

Now that you said that, however, I noticed the almost neon lime green color of the backdrop was strange. And...kinda eye burning. I didn't think this skit looked familiar on watching the first 30 seconds I gave it, but I tend to forget a lot of these clips until I rewatch them. Nice to see that they're getting more American series character based sketches of their very own, not just Ernie and Bert. I kinda like the fact this Cookie Monster just takes a few slightly passionate bites instead of ravenously tearing into the cookie.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I kinda like the fact this Cookie Monster just takes a few slightly passionate bites instead of ravenously tearing into the cookie.
I think that's a case of poor puppeteering. It's odd, both Prairie and Cookie (and Grover when he's there) are dubbed over later, yet they don't use their good Muppeteers to perform them.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think that's a case of poor puppeteering. It's odd, both Prairie and Cookie (and Grover when he's there) are dubbed over later, yet they don't use their good Muppeteers to perform them.
So are E&B dub over later or not?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's a failing of the swear filter, if anything. I think that's just about enough of it being off topic.

And just to get things back on topic, I had to pull up this random German dub of a Prairie Dawn and Cookie clip.

In this clip Prairie Dawn's voice sounds surprisingly similar to her American voice.

Yeah,the puppeteering isn't very good in this.And wait,I always assumed that the puppeteers did the voices just like on it's American counterpart.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's another German original.

There's apparently this pianist named Chilly Gonzales and he's in some piano battle with Elmo. Note Elmo's inexplicably lower voice.

Yeah, but now I'm wondering how much of that was intentional. Like he was supposed to eat it slowly this time for some reason. Maybe it was part of the gag? I dunno. But I do agree that Prairie was pretty off.