Now what's going on with YouTube?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Youtube in general, for me, has just gotten so cluttered. It's so messy and hard to find anything new to watch unless it's in a suggested video of what I'm already watching. Also subscribed channels videos mix together for me so it's hard to pick and choose. I never minded the ads but lately it's a hassle and pretty nice to come a crossed videos that DON'T have them.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Youtube is not letting me pause the video today for some reason.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had the weirdest thing happen today: the page just starting scrolling by itself. Not sure what was going on, but whichever direction I'd move the cursor, the page would scroll in the same direction involuntarily. This happened when I was watching a video in a playlist.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see YT's back to its old tricks of not wanting to load/buffer vids, resulting in clicking refresh quite often, otherwise you either get that "an error has occured" message on most vids, or that circle with the exclamation point in it for HD playback.
Okay, that circle with the exclamation point is apparently a problem not exclusive to YT, so I guess that must be a problem with my connection or my computer, I'm not sure.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So YT has redesigned the video player again: it's a snazzier looking design and it's less invasive . . . but the fact that it still overlaps the video itself when in use and disappears when not in use still sucks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, how wonderful, another one of those days where you can't play videos above 144p for no reason.

And the new video player I mentioned previously? There's. . . . something weird about it . . . for some reason, it only appears that way when I'm logged in on one of my accounts (my official one), otherwise, if I'm on my goof-off account or not logged in at all, it reverts back to the previous video player design, so I don't get it.

Oh, and apparently YT is intentionally disabling certain basic features in IE to get you to switch to another browser - like I can organize videos in a playlist in other browsers, but not in IE, for example.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Is it just me, or has YouTube now gotten rid of the "View All Comments" page? It seems like they did, because the cursor doesn't turn into a hand anymore when you hover over "ALL COMMENTS". Did they really have to fix something that wasn't broken?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed this too for quite some time, however, I've also noticed other oddities going on with the comments in general:

- As I said previously, I've noticed on some videos, a comment you posted will disappear if you're not logged in, or on another account, but will reappear when you're logged back into the account you posted the comment.
- As I also said previously, you apparently can't post links in comments anymore, not even to other videos; I supposed Google actually caught onto that one because people were intentionally posting sketchy links to show them at enabling that ability when they switched to the Google+ comment system was actually a bad idea.
- You can only click "load more comments" so many times on a video before it will stop loading altogether, particularly videos that have a large number of comments (like hundreds or thousands); it doesn't matter which you browse under, however, I've found that it loads fewer comments when browsing under "Newest First" as opposed to "Top Comments."
- Comments disappearing altogther. Though, I suppose that can be chalked up to people going back and deleting their comments, but it seems to be happening more and more frequently for seemingly no reason.
- This is one I had to do research on, because I couldn't figure it out: you can't space your comments by pressing enter alone, you have to press shift+enter to space your comments.
- Certain comments you can't reply to for some reason, even if they were posted after the Google+ merge took place.

Drtooth

Reaction score
When the video refuses to load all the way for me now, the sound actually cuts off a good minute before the load bar stopped.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not a YouTube problem, but this time, it's Photobucket that's acting up: I know they just did a bunch of maintenence on the site recently, but it seems as if ever since they did, the whole site has fallen into disrepair since then. Pics won't upload, pics in your bucket go completely blank, and I haven't had any luck at all logging back in on my mobile. What in the world did they do?