The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has heard, but tonight on ABC there was a Muppet Marathon in which 4 episodes of the series were all aired in a row: "Pig's in a Blackout", "The Ex-Factor", "Going, Going, Gonzo", and "Single All the Way".

A couple times, they aired a promo a few times announcing the series' return on February 2. There wasn't much mentioned about the plot, but there are a couple things I saw and thought would be worth mentioning here. For one thing, it looks like Miss Piggy just got dreadlocks. Secondly, in another shot, I thought I saw a glimpse of a certain character that we've been really wanting to see on the show...OK yes, I'm referring to Walter! :fanatic:
I didn't see Walter, I don't know maybe I missed him.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the promo, I could tell what happened in it, so far there are no videos. It showed like the Electric Mayhem sitting at a table in the office scatting or something, and it showed Miss Piggy with a foam finger and some sort of outfit, and the announcer said the muppets returns febuary 2, and Miss Piggy said updated, assuming they mean, because of the retooling. It was only like 10 seconds long though. I also caught a glimpse of Lew Zealand in the background, so can't wait for new episodes though until then ABC is rerunning an episode on Tuesdays at 8:30pm

Tuesday December 29 8:30pm: Walk the Swine
Tuesday January 5 8:30pm: Pig Out
Tuesday January 12 8:30pm: The Ex-Factor

They haven't released the listings for the next weeks, but that's enough to tide me over until the return of the show.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the promo, I could tell what happened in it, so far there are no videos. It showed like the Electric Mayhem sitting at a table in the office scatting or something, and it showed Miss Piggy with a foam finger and some sort of outfit, and the announcer said the muppets returns febuary 2, and Miss Piggy said updated, assuming they mean, because of the retooling. It was only like 10 seconds long though. I also caught a glimpse of Lew Zealand in the background, so can't wait for new episodes though until then ABC is rerunning an episode on Tuesdays at 8:30pm

Tuesday December 29 8:30pm: Walk the Swine
Tuesday January 5 8:30pm: Pig Out
Tuesday January 12 8:30pm: The Ex-Factor

They haven't released the listings for the next weeks, but that's enough to tide me over until the return of the show.
Were there pictures of these? How did you find out about Eppisode 11 promo pics? Were they on Toughpigs?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't really like how Animal and Walter were the only Muppets who noticed something different about Kermit. Fozzie is his best friend, Piggy dated him for years, and shouldn't Rowlf have been able to smell the difference?
Remember, it was only a movie. They were just acting.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Remember, it was only a movie. They were just acting.
Good point. I always forget that.
Were there pictures of these? How did you find out about Eppisode 11 promo pics? Were they on Toughpigs?
They showed a short promo during the The Muppets mini marathon on ABC last night.

Also, it looks like the show will now be airing at 8:30 instead of 8:00. On the show's page on ABC's website it says that the show airs at 8:30.

Last edited:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The promo aired after every episode like in the third commercial break right before the last 1 minute or so of the show during the marathon, and it will probably air tomorrow when they air Walk the Swine, so keep on the look. I can't find anything online, but I'll try to film it tomorrow if they air it.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Good point. I always forget that.

They showed a short promo during the The Muppets mini marathon on ABC last night.

Also, it looks like the show will now be airing at 8:30 instead of 8:00. On the show's page on ABC's website it says that the show airs at 8:30.
The promo aired after every episode like in the third commercial break right before the last 1 minute or so of the show during the marathon, and it will probably air tomorrow when they air Walk the Swine, so keep on the look. I can't find anything online, but I'll try to film it tomorrow if they air it.
Dang it I missed it!!!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Darn, I really don't want Walter back. As long as he doesn't take the spotlight away from the real main characters, I'll be fine.
A lot of people said that about Pepe when her first debuted,now he's a much beloved character and a major part of the Muppet family. I think we need new characters,they help bring out new sides to the older characters,they allow for new stories to be told from a different perspective. I like Walter because not only are Muppet fans very rarely shown on tv ,let's face it, compared to the Whovians,the Trekkies,Hunger Games fandom etc. we're a minority. Not only that but, we've seen the confident character who has an act already when they join the group,but what we haven't seen is a young misfit guy still trying to find his place in the world and discovers that being with his heroes isn't as easy as it he thought it might be. I think Walter's story is one that many people can relate to. Walter adds a fresh perspective and a totally unique backstory.But if you find him annoying I think Miss Piggy is capable of being way more annoying then he is,so yeah there's that.

Muppy

Reaction score
A lot of people said that about Pepe when her first debuted,now he's a much beloved character and a major part of the Muppet family. I think we need new characters,they help bring out new sides to the older characters,they allow for new stories to be told from a different perspective. I like Walter because not only are Muppet fans very rarely shown on tv ,let's face it, compared to the Whovians,the Trekkies,Hunger Games fandom etc. we're a minority. Not only that but, we've seen the confident character who has an act already when they join the group,but what we haven't seen is a young misfit guy still trying to find his place in the world and discovers that being with his heroes isn't as easy as it he thought it might be. I think Walter's story is one that many people can relate to. Walter adds a fresh perspective and a totally unique backstory.But if you find him annoying I think Miss Piggy is capable of being way more annoying then he is,so yeah there's that.
You're right in a lot of cases there, but I think it's kind of weird to have a Muppet fan as a main character in the Muppets. I just feel that Walter had his story already. His purpose was to bring the Muppets back together in one movie. His purpose was to be a big fan like all of us, and do what any of us would have wanted to do in the situation. But in a show like The Muppets, where does Walter really fit in? I personally don't see what he could do.

And I'm all for new characters. I love Denise! I love newer characters like Pepe and Bobo also. To some extent Constantine too (I prefer many others before him, but he's tolerable). But for some reason, I just don't like Walter. Like at all. He's not needed in my opinion. I don't think he has any thing special about him that other characters don't have. I find him annoying and he took the spotlight away from major characters in the last two movies. I think he was sloppily integrated into the cast, and forced himself in there. Yes, we can argue that he's the reason why the Muppets got back together, and yes he was. But that was just a movie. The Muppets never actually split up. So Walter's just kind of there now.

I'm thinking way to hard about this though lol. I don't like Walter, and I'm glad he hasn't appeared in the series yet. :smile: