SpongeBob SquarePants

Muppy

Reaction score
As an big SpongeBob fan, and avid watcher of the series, in my opinion Steven Hillenburg's return has saved the show and increased the quality greatly.

I have an account of the SpongeBob forums, and (almost) everyone is praising the new episodes in Season 9.2. Something is different about the new episodes, and there's just something that feels classic about them. I don't know if that's Steven's fault, or someone else's, but all I know is that whoever is making the series great again, should stick around for a very long time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad there's a consensus that the episodes after the second movie were a huge bump in quality. I'd say that the two writers everyone hates moved on to other shows is probably another reason.

I especially enjoyed the episode where Squidward had no friends to go to the art gallery (and refused to take Spongebob). The hypocrisy of him being incredibly offended by the mail man's opinions on the clarinet only to chastise Larry for drinking protein shakes.

And also, Patrick seems to be dumb again instead of being a jerk, so that's a plus.

Harleena

Reaction score
Hey, just a question to everyone: what is everyone's top ten favorite post movie episodes? Mine are, in no particular order:
  1. Krusty Towers
  2. Sand Castles in the Sand
  3. Hello Bikini Bottom
  4. Plankton's Pet
  5. Treats
  6. Enchanted Tiki Dreams
  7. Skill Crane
  8. Wishing You Well
  9. Krabs a la Mode
  10. It's a Spongebob Christmas

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My Top 10 Post-Movie Episodes:

1. Trenchbillies (I did a YouTube Poop of this one but I can't upload it due to Viacom)
2. Plankton's Pet
3. Squidward in ClarinetLand
4. A Pal for Gary
5. Skill Crane
6. Spongebob vs. The Big One
7. The Best Day Ever
8. InSPONGEniac (I like the weird episodes, lol)
9. Dunces and Dragons (I've always liked time travel plots)
10. Have You Seen This Snail?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score

1. Trenchbillies (I did a YouTube Poop of this one but I can't upload it due to Viacom)
2. Plankton's Pet
4. A Pal for Gary
5. Skill Crane
7. The Best Day Ever
Wait you LIKE a pal for Gary?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score

2. Plankton's Pet
4. A Pal for Gary
5. Skill Crane
7. The Best Day Ever
Wait you LIKE a pal for Gary?
Yeah, I'm really curious. What is it about that episode that you like? I wouldn't mind someone giving a different perspective on it.

Personally, I find SB's behavior incredibly obnoxious in "A Pal for Gary."

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really curious. What is it about that episode that you like? I wouldn't mind someone giving a different perspective on it.

Personally, I find SB's behavior incredibly obnoxious in "A Pal for Gary."
"Gary you put Puffy Fluffy down right now!" Wow....less than ten words and Spongebob is ruined

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
It was a cool episode! I've always liked monsters, so Puffy Fluffy's true form was really cool looking. I'm what you call a "creature geek" because I like things like monsters, aliens, dragons, dinosaurs, goblins, etc. etc. My least favorite episode however is House Fancy. The toenail scene still haunts me (especially because I just ate).

Muppy

Reaction score
My least favorite episode however is House Fancy. The toenail scene still haunts me (especially because I just ate).
I LOVE house fancy. I don't mind the gross out humor so the toenail scene is pretty Hilarious to me. Also just the plot of Squidward trying to make his house look fancy and spongebob accidentally ruining it is gold in my opinion.

I also like One Coarse Meal and a Pal for Gary ...

Harleena

Reaction score
It was a cool episode! I've always liked monsters, so Puffy Fluffy's true form was really cool looking. I'm what you call a "creature geek" because I like things like monsters, aliens, dragons, dinosaurs, goblins, etc. etc. My least favorite episode however is House Fancy. The toenail scene still haunts me (especially because I just ate).
For me, the worst episode was "One Coarse Meal" because Plankton is one of my favorite characters and I think that they took it way too far in this episode. I understand that Plankton is supposed to be the villain, but that does NOT mean that they have to drive a beloved children's character to near-suicide.