You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Drtooth

Reaction score
While Purple M&M's are a thing, they're only found in either seasonal selections or those candy shops that have the Mix and Match by the pound dealies. I have no idea what happened to the purple M&M. It just...vanished. Probably didn't think the added color (that they've sold anyway) was worth adding to the bags. Don't see why.

But then again, I can tell you tales of tan M&M's. Something you certainly don't see anymore. Even remember the Red dye scare that kept Red out of the assortment for some time (they didn't have the cancer causing specific Red dye, but they were afraid customers would think they did).

No seriously. Tan M&M's. I remember seeing a bakery who had tan M&M's in the cookies a few years back and thinking...uh... are those cookies good? Haven't seen a tan M&M since the mid-90's at the latest. Unless they still made them for bakeries to order, I didn't think those cookies were that fresh. Like they had an old Stockpile of M&M's they didn't use up.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
What is the deal with people taking a selfie of their food just before they eat? For that matter, what's the deal with selfies? Why bring an ipad to the table anyway?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
What is the deal with people taking a selfie of their food just before they eat? For that matter, what's the deal with selfies? Why bring an ipad to the table anyway?
While we're on this topic, why do people take selfies of their feet?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I admit, I only did that once, because Chick-fil-a treated me to free ice cream on my birthday back in the summer, so yeah.

But anyway, so when Whose Line was on (I mean the original U.S. version), everybody hated Kathy Greenwood, when it came to fansites and forums, there were Kathy-bashing threads galore: "Kathy Greenwood is not funny," "Kathy Greenwood has no talent," "Kathy Greenwood sucks," "Why is Kathy Greenwood on this show," "Kathy Greenwood makes Wayne, Colin, and Ryan look bad," "Kathy Greenwood doesn't do anything," "Kathy Greenwood takes up space," yadda-yadda-yadda. In short, the entire Whoser fandom had pretty much labeled her the weakest link, and everybody saw her as such. Slightly unrelated, many felt Chip Esten wasn't a good fourth seater either, and he's on NASHVILLE now.

But after all these years, I'm noticing lately that more and more people are actually doing a 180: I think with clips on YT and such, allowing people to see old moments whenever they want since reruns aren't on TV anymore, and people can take the time to really see what's going on, it's like after all these years people are now like, "Oh, Kathy actually was funny," "Kathy was actually really good in this one," "That was a clever move for Kathy," and even some comments like, "I wish they let Kathy do more," "There's so much more Kathy could do," "Kathy needed more time to shine."

I mean, wow. I honestly have no words for any of this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Casper cartoons have always boggled me for one reason.

The other ghosts constantly pick on Casper for not scaring humans. Yet, Casper manages to scare without even trying just because he's a ghost.

So... Casper does scare like the other ghosts, and essentially proves that the other ghosts don't have to make a big to do about it. Are they just secretly annoyed that they have to work at something that they really don't have to? And why does Casper take all the crap for doing what they want him to do, even if it's unintentional?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So at the beginning of Back to the Future Part II, Doc shows up in the morning to take Marty and Jennifer to the future, and when they get back, it's night time. Why didn't they just go back to when they left? I always assumed they put her there on the night of the day they left, as opposed to the night before that (after all, if she's taken home, she risks being encountered by her past self). And did they ever worry about whether she would wonder why she woke up on the porch instead of in her own bed (in the original script, after waking her up, Marty tells her that she briefly passed out)?

And I used to be confused about when Marty came back to 1985 in Part III. Marty comes home, and the family is confused, thinking he'd just gotten back from the lake. Today as I watched it, I saw that the time circuits were set for October 27, when they had left on October 26. Why'd they have Marty come back a day later (unless they forgot what day they left on)? If Jennifer had been sleeping on the porch for a whole day, wouldn't her parents have come out to find her sleeping there at some point (unless they had left her there late at night, before her parents got up)? The family thinks Marty was at the lake, but Griff was waxing Marty's car when he got back. Wouldn't they notice his car still in the garage while he was supposedly gone?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ugh. So . . . what, exactly, is the deal with certain people who have sketchy and sordid pasts themselves speaking out about others getting in trouble for similar actions? Like, for instance, when Charlie Sheen revealed he's HIV positive from years of sleeping around with thousands of different women, Jenny McCarthy (who was a fricken Playboy Bunny, and has slept around with countless different men herself) felt the need to mouth off about it. What, does she think it'll make her look more noble or something? Or now that Bill Cosby's been found guilty of drugging up and raping women, Lena Dunham is saying it needs to be a mark on his life forever . . . y'know, the same Lena Dunham who admitted to sexually assaulting her little sister when they were growing up?

Pots calling kettles black, much?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I love that whole non-troversy about Leena Dunham. Kids do stupid things they don't know is wrong when they are kids because they're kids. She wasn't an adult who repeatedly drugged woman for sex. It doesn't measure up at all. But hey, know why that's a thing? Because Sarah Palin (herself and her family a bastion of morality sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm) was defending the crazy cult who has a TV show Duggar kid who repeatedly did the same thing at an older an with more little girls.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, you know what? I've often joked that when it's cold you can always add layers for warthm, but when it's hot you can only remove so much before you're arrested for indecent exposure.

But, really, NYC? Arresting people for being outside because it's cold? It's that a wee bit extreme? And I thought the entire city of Atlanta shutting down for two inches of snow was ridiculous.