Dealing with depression and anxiety

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Thank you to the good vibes from everyone! Legal stuff will have to be sorted out as legal stuff is and, I've got my first final tomorrow.

Some of my finals stuff is freaking me out a little bit and well, I could really use some good vibes right about now.

If anyone is good at writing screenplays, please message me if you don't mind. I need to get my roughly 14-page screenplay to 20 pages hand it on Monday and also have a 5-minute pitch ready for a feature length film (the screenplay itself is not for a feature length film, it is for a short film)

I am very worried GPA wise but, I always, always, ALWAYS come out with a great GPA and, I just hope my finals really and truly land me there :/ My test anxiety on some quizzes this semester has me down quite a bit grade wise :frown:

Just asking for good vibes, thanks <3

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Thank you to the good vibes from everyone! Legal stuff will have to be sorted out as legal stuff is and, I've got my first final tomorrow.

Some of my finals stuff is freaking me out a little bit and well, I could really use some good vibes right about now.

If anyone is good at writing screenplays, please message me if you don't mind. I need to get my roughly 14-page screenplay to 20 pages hand it on Monday and also have a 5-minute pitch ready for a feature length film (the screenplay itself is not for a feature length film, it is for a short film)

I am very worried GPA wise but, I always, always, ALWAYS come out with a great GPA and, I just hope my finals really and truly land me there :/ My test anxiety on some quizzes this semester has me down quite a bit grade wise :frown:

Good luck on your finals tomorrow!

charlietheowl

Reaction score

Good luck on finals! I know how nerve-wracking they can be, but you just have to prepare yourself the best you can and hope that all the work you put in over the semester will kick in.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score

I have finals tomorrow, as well. Looks like it's time for another all-nighter!

Good luck with yours!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's natural to be nervous during finals, I've had a few jitters myself. But you can't let fear destroy you. Go in there confident, know you did your best to get to this point. After that, it's wherever the chips fall. But I believe you will do well.

You're better prepared than most. I've seen people coast into college, and then get a rude awakening when they realize...

They'll have to study.
They'll have to hand assignments in on time.
They'll have to pass their finals to move ahead.

Some people seem ill-prepared for higher education, or for the demands their professors expect them to meet. College is not supposed to be day-care. It takes discipline. It takes commitment. It's going to push you hard sometimes. To think otherwise, you're only fooling yourself.

But DramaQueen Mokey, in spite of all the other challenges in your life, you'll make it.

Last edited:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
It's natural to be nervous during finals, I've had a few jitters myself. But you can't let fear destroy you. Go in there confident, know you did your best to get to this point. After that, it's wherever the chips fall. But I believe you will do well.

You're better prepared than most. I've seen people coast into college, and then get a rude awakening when they realize...

They'll have to study.
They'll have to hand assignments in on time.
They'll have to pass their finals to move ahead.

Some people seem ill-prepared for higher education, or for the demands their professors expect them to meet. College is not supposed to be day-care. It takes discipline. It takes commitment. It's going to push you hard sometimes. To think otherwise, you're only fooling yourself.

But DramaQueen Mokey, in spite of all the other challenges in your life, you'll make it.

Thank you! And thank you to everyone again, just 2 more finals come Monday and I'm done :big_grin:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Well, I guess that all-nighter pulled off. I rarely say this about exams, but this one actually felt easy!

OT question: Has anyone ever felt like they've lost their sense of humor? I hear depression and anxiety can have something to do with that. I can still laugh and have a good time, certainly. But I find it harder to find the funny in things these days.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Okay, so I made a short film as part of my final, but was pretty embarrassed by the end result. So I didn't show up for the screening.

Another screening for a different class is being held today. I stopped by the screening room and saw just how many people showed up. This gave me an idea of how many people were there yesterday.

Anyway, I know it sounds silly, but I'm really scared of what other people thought of it, and how they might perceive me because of it. Especially since certain people I didn't want to show it to might have been there.

And when I say scared I actually mean petrified with fear. I'm more or less on the verge of an anxiety attack right now.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Just like with Mokey- as long as you know you did your best, that's all you can ask for. Now if you goofed off all semester and you struggle at the end, you get what you deserve.

But you don't seem like the goof-off type.
I wish I was in your class, working on a film with you. Spring semester 1988, (yes, that long ago) I took a filmmaking course, had the time of my life. A bunch of business majors pretending to be Scorcese. My partner and I were supposed to complete one film. We cranked out FOUR! Aced the course.
The only thing stopping us from going further, the actual film students were a bunch of drips.
The same kind of people you don't want to show your film to. But, you can't worry about gaining approval from those who might not give it. If your film is good to you (and the professor who has to grade it) that's all that matters.

If I could go back a couple decades and make one more film,, I'm sure when we were pairing people up, I'd find a kindred spirit in you.

Anyway, I'm sure your film will do just fine. I wish I could see it.