What's the weirdest movie you've ever seen?

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Weirdest Movie, Huh, Well, That Would Have To Be This :stick_out_tongue:

Sorry, To The Fans Of This Movie, It's Just... Weird

ncchuck

Reaction score
anitichrist with willem dafoe watched it by mistake on netflix now i double check what im watching :smile:

robodog

Reaction score
Twice Upon a Time. Not a bad movie at all. Just very strange. I've only seen it a couple times. It's pretty rare, is never shown on TV and I don't think it even has a DVD release.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Tommy. Don't get me wrong, I like songs by The Who, the movie's just one big acid trip.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Twice Upon a Time. Not a bad movie at all. Just very strange. I've only seen it a couple times. It's pretty rare, is never shown on TV and I don't think it even has a DVD release.
It never ever will because the two driving forces behind it are man-children that will never get along. Mainly because there's at least 2 different versions of the soundtrack. Among other things, one has Marshall Efron swearing like crazy (all ad libbed), and John Korty didn't like it. Then there was so much backstage drama that...

heck, Wikipedia article. I've heard of troubled productions, but at least they manage to be adults about it when it gets released on home video.

Now for a weird one I've seen....

Well, I've seen a Crayon Shin-Chan movie in Raw Japanese and I still don't understand the heck what was going on. Something about body snatching Samba Dancing zombies. There's a very culturally vile sequence where Shin plays with a spooled out broken cassette tape and pretends that it's.... uh... lower body hair. That's the only thing that didn't need translation.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just wanted to resurrect this thread for a sec and make a confession. Ready? OK...

Last night I watched The Blues Brothers for the very first time.

In response to your obvious question, no I've only been living under a rock for the past 10 years, so I really have no excuse for myself. :halo:

Anyway, I'm left stunned and amazed. How...how did they do this? How do you have your main characters with apparently so little substantive dialogue (never mind their faces covered the whole time) and yet you always know exactly what they're feeling and even find yourself empathizing with them at key moments? Normally I'd scold a movie that relied so little on dialogue as thin, shallow, or lazy. But with Blues Brothers, it feels absolutely deliberate and amazingly well crafted. This is a movie where a character can run the gamut of emotions while only saying two words ("the band") over and over.

I'm going to go out on a limb here. If the Academy ever got over itself and acknowledged that comedies existed, this is the kind of movie they would have had to pay attention to. Wow....Just...how?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw clips of, but have no desire to see, one of the two Korean animated ripoffs of E.T. Yeah. 2 of them. One was called the Magic Pencil, and I saw bits of that. It's... icky. Just... ew. And it's impossible to find online, so that's one of the few times I'm grateful for that.

There's also a Korean ripoff of Wonder Woman, it's available online, but I never actually saw the thing outside of the opening.

Yorick

Reaction score
It never ever will because the two driving forces behind it are man-children that will never get along.
"Twice Upon A Time" is now on DVD...MOD DVD, but still...it's arrived on DVD. And it has both versions, and it has commentary. This is what I've heard. I love this film 100% - especially the John Korty version. He is the main man, and inventor of Lumage, so his artistic vision is the one I would choose if I could only have one. I like the other version too, but...Mr. Korty is THE guy. No offense to anyone else.

Here's what both versions have: A highly original look and story/dialogue, heart, and fantastic music throughout!

There ya go. I wouldn't call it the weirdest...I'd have to think about that and get back to this thread. But it is special, indeed.

Yorick

Reaction score
But with Blues Brothers, it feels absolutely deliberate and amazingly well crafted. This is a movie where a character can run the gamut of emotions while only saying two words ("the band") over and over.
Well said...love this film. And as a passionate music lover, who doesn't listen lightly...I appreciate how they brought attention to the musicians still doing their thing at the time this film was made...which they also did with "Blues Brothers 2000"...and I love Elwood's speech in Blues Brothers 2000, as well:

In both films, the way they praised wonderful blues and soul music proved that they truly were on a mission from God, so to speak. Not just in the film by helping "the penguin".

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I saw this independant british film on PBS. It's about this mother who just starts floating one day and keeps going higher and higher with no explaination.
It's actually a really nice film though