Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm guessing the studios clearly don't have any faith in both Tina Fey and Amy Poehlers Sisters movie
My family was watching Trading Places on TV during Thanksgiving. Then the trailer for Sisters came on. I don't want to pre-judge but man, what has happened to SNL cast movies? :concern:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh. You mean the things that were never good except for like a handful of them at the beginning?

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I just started watching Home, I had to turn it off when that Gwen Stefani song came on and that annoying guy who is from The Big Bang Theory doing the Narration made me want to put my foot through the TV he did not bother me in Muppets 2011 but in this it was grating. And the Animation in Home was Horrible.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Proof I'm right about how the Thanksgiving Weekend is all or nothing...

Even the biggest movie made barely over 18 Mil.

Real shame that the timing isn't so good for Good Dinosaur. It was a fine film that was promoted to heck and back, but got lost in the shuffle because shopping takes precedence over movie going in the weeks before Christmas.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Proof I'm right about how the Thanksgiving Weekend is all or nothing...

Even the biggest movie made barely over 18 Mil.

Real shame that the timing isn't so good for Good Dinosaur. It was a fine film that was promoted to heck and back, but got lost in the shuffle because shopping takes precedence over movie going in the weeks before Christmas.
Either all the little boys are waiting for Star Wars, or most parents of the target demographic read one of the many complaints about the film being "too scary" for kids.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's hilarious. If Pixar makes a movie that doesn't fire on every emotion, everyone snaps at them for not doing so (cough cough Cars 2). But if they do, some 3 year old is going to be screaming his or her head off. I had some little brat asking loud questions through out the whole dang movie. Didn't cry or scream, but just wouldn't shut up. I really don't think kids under 5 are ready to see movies in theaters. That's where Netflix, DVD's, and stuff like that come in.

That said, I doubt if really little kids think that Good Dinosaur is that scary, Star Wars isn't exactly the best thing for them to see. No matter how much they're trying to market the merchandise to parents of young children. I almost expect them to be on Diapers like Marvel characters were. And not pull ups, actual, legit, small child diapers.

But yeah, recently no movie makes good money after Thanksgiving. Happened to The Muppets, happened to Penguins of Madagascar.... the beginning of November is where the money's at. Peanuts still managed to have a decent enough slot weeks after.

Seriously, it's a shame. This was a very good movie, and I love it for not being the usual Pixar fare.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
. I really don't think kids under 5 are ready to see movies in theaters. That's where Netflix, DVD's, and stuff like that come in.
I think it really depends on the kid. I was a very quiet and mild mannered three -four year old and very much enjoyed going to the movies.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
It's hilarious. If Pixar makes a movie that doesn't fire on every emotion, everyone snaps at them for not doing so (cough cough Cars 2). But if they do, some 3 year old is going to be screaming his or her head off. I had some little brat asking loud questions through out the whole dang movie. Didn't cry or scream, but just wouldn't shut up. I really don't think kids under 5 are ready to see movies in theaters. That's where Netflix, DVD's, and stuff like that come in.

That said, I doubt if really little kids think that Good Dinosaur is that scary, Star Wars isn't exactly the best thing for them to see. No matter how much they're trying to market the merchandise to parents of young children. I almost expect them to be on Diapers like Marvel characters were. And not pull ups, actual, legit, small child diapers.

But yeah, recently no movie makes good money after Thanksgiving. Happened to The Muppets, happened to Penguins of Madagascar.... the beginning of November is where the money's at. Peanuts still managed to have a decent enough slot weeks after.

Seriously, it's a shame. This was a very good movie, and I love it for not being the usual Pixar fare.
what did you think of the good dinosaur? I loved it thought it was just as good as inside out just different,

as of Tuesday for the good dinosaur,
Domestic Total as of Dec. 8, 2015: $77,572,146
that is pretty good regardless of what anyone thinks of the movie !!!!!
oh i just saw you liked the movie, my bad, Star Wars is going to clean house next week though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
what did you think of the good dinosaur? I loved it thought it was just as good as inside out just different,

as of Tuesday for the good dinosaur,
Domestic Total as of Dec. 8, 2015: $77,572,146
that is pretty good regardless of what anyone thinks of the movie !!!!!
oh i just saw you liked the movie, my bad, Star Wars is going to clean house next week though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is not good, especially for Pixar. I'm not hating on the movie, I haven't even seen it yet, but it is greatly underperforming for Pixar. The lowest grossing Pixar movie is A Bug's Life which made $162 million domestically, that's pretty good for a Dreamworks or Blue Sky movie, yet the lowest for Pixar. So far in its third week, The Good Dinosaur has made $89 million, in comparison, Inside Out made $91 million in its first three days. Overal, I'm not hating on the movie, but it will be lucky to reach $120 million, and I'm not sure if that's a bomb for Pixar, but it has underperformed for the studio.