Dealing with depression and anxiety

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Maybe a doctor can help. Not to just kiss you off with some sleeping pills, but help relieve the stress. The only thing I'd be concerned with, when you can relieve your stress, because of being deprived of sleep for so long, your body might crash hard. Going from one extreme to another is not smooth sailing. I hope you can get the rest you need without any bad side effects.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Three nights now with no sleep. My body is completely worn out, I'm really scared. It's like every time I start to drift off, it feels like I can't breath and I jolt awake. Im laying there in total silence and darkness, constantly aware of my breathing and can't fall asleep at all. I try listening to music and that throws me off even more. I'm sure half of it is stress, but I just can't find any way to calm down in the moment. In crying right now, I can't deal with this...
Hi Heralde,
I know exactly what you are going through and have some great news, it will end as quickly as it came.

Several years ago I was awoken suddenly to a huge anxiety attack, which I had no idea about at the time. It was the single scariest moment of my life and ending up being the start of an anxiety disorder which I have finally overcome.

Anyhoot, during that time, I had long bouts of falling asleep and within seconds of drifting off, would be thrust awake with a huge jolt like you describe and my heart would be pounding. Many of the times I would wake it total confusion which caused a great deal of anxiety. There were periods when I didn't sleep for weeks and I would get so stressed and anxious about the jolts happening again, it would make the issue worse.

Then someone gave me the best advise I have ever had, they said "so what if you can't sleep, just relax". Its odd, but I resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't sleep and immediately (and ironically!!) I just started to sleep again. I had even prepared not to sleep and enjoy not sleeping. I bought a wall bracket for my ipad, bought a ton of TV shows I loved and thought "I'll just enjoy watching these instead". I watched very little before I started sleeping again.

These day, the anxiety seems to have gone for the most part. I still can go a few nights in a row when I will wake up with a jolt, but the second they happen I just stop caring and they cease. Stress is a funny, funny thing but you will overcome it - trust me!!

Hope this helps!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Okay, I want to try to make peace with my ex-role model. I'll admit I may have done some things to unintentionally upset her. And vice versa.

These days, we see each other but pretend not to. Frankly, I think it's immature on both of our parts. I can sense some discomfort when she sees me. And that makes me uncomfortable.

Not sure if I should just walk away, or at least try to make amends. Definitely don't want to make things worse. I feel I learned from my mistakes. But I wouldn't want my attempt at peacemaking to make the situation more awkward. Nor do I want to come off as needy. If it can't be fixed, it can't be fixed.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I guess sometimes we have to face one of life's harshest truths: some people weren't meant to be in your life forever. Once they've served their purpose, then sometimes the powers that be decide that it's best for you to go your separate ways. It's been tough for me to handle that lately, but I doubt I'm the only one.

Kind of reminds me of that song from "Snoopy, Come Home."
It's the worst feeling when you try to be friends with someone really awesome but you just end up annoying them.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It's the worst feeling when you try to be friends with someone really awesome but you just end up annoying them.
Yeah, I could be overthinking the situation, but I have a feeling that's what has been going on between us. While this may seem like something I should have figured out years ago, it wasn't until recently that I've learned not to try to impress people to win them over. It's always a better idea to be your true self. And if you can improve yourself without completely changing who you are, then more power to you. I've also learned that it's a bad idea to 'suffocate' people you look up to. If you aren't careful, it can scare them off. Live and learn, I guess.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
My boyfriend's birthday is tomorrow and I feel like such a downer...I'm upset over my parents and the court stuff as usual :frown:

My father finally paid my mom for the medical expenses over my seizure last May and, he included a little note in the check for her which labeled her a gold digger...

My mom isn't a gold digger; she's trying to get my dad to help her take care of me; I was a sickly child and unfortunately, I've gone on to be a sickly adult and since I'm a college student and not yet a graduate with a job, I need some help! I had to be mom's English translator and that wasn't fun, that produced tears, which produced dry texts, boyfriend asked what as wrong and I sent him my crying face.

He's willing to come down here and have dinner with me tomorrow just to make me smile but, it's his day. I feel bad for turning his birthday into: 'lemme help my sad gf feel better like I constantly have to' day :/ Besides, I had a little party for us planned on Saturday anyhow.

I am praying super hard that everything gets better because on top of this stress, I am FREAKING over my internship class and all. I mean, we have to craft a 'portfolio' and my bosses have to look at something for me and they have yet to get back to me so, I'll be going to my teacher tomorrow to say something to them but again, I AM SO FREAKED D<

Can I ask for some prayers and good vibes please? I'd really appreciate them and, I know a lot of people have it worse than me and as much as I want nothing more than to quit, I can't. I have too many people who love me and, I can't quit on me of all people.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
My boyfriend's birthday is tomorrow and I feel like such a downer...I'm upset over my parents and the court stuff as usual :frown:

My father finally paid my mom for the medical expenses over my seizure last May and, he included a little note in the check for her which labeled her a gold digger...

My mom isn't a gold digger; she's trying to get my dad to help her take care of me; I was a sickly child and unfortunately, I've gone on to be a sickly adult and since I'm a college student and not yet a graduate with a job, I need some help! I had to be mom's English translator and that wasn't fun, that produced tears, which produced dry texts, boyfriend asked what as wrong and I sent him my crying face.

He's willing to come down here and have dinner with me tomorrow just to make me smile but, it's his day. I feel bad for turning his birthday into: 'lemme help my sad gf feel better like I constantly have to' day :/ Besides, I had a little party for us planned on Saturday anyhow.

I am praying super hard that everything gets better because on top of this stress, I am FREAKING over my internship class and all. I mean, we have to craft a 'portfolio' and my bosses have to look at something for me and they have yet to get back to me so, I'll be going to my teacher tomorrow to say something to them but again, I AM SO FREAKED D<

Can I ask for some prayers and good vibes please? I'd really appreciate them and, I know a lot of people have it worse than me and as much as I want nothing more than to quit, I can't. I have too many people who love me and, I can't quit on me of all people.
Sorry things aren't going well, Mokey. Thoughts and prayers are definitely with you. Believe me, I think you have the strength to get through all of this.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

Your story keeps touching my heart. Today celebrate with your boyfriend. He loves you unconditionally, otherwise he would've bolted long ago.

His love and devotion to you parallels this:
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

The Bible doesn't lie. And don't ever ever EVER feel "others have it worse than me" that how you feel is less valid than anyone else. No prayer is too big, or too small, to bring to God.

Last edited:

charlietheowl

Reaction score

Hope you're doing okay now. This is a lot to take on, the combined burden of school work and family issues. I'm sure that your boyfriend will definitely be willing to help support you even though it's his birthday, and you're still going to be able to show him how you care with the party on Saturday.

Hope everything goes well.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Okay, I want to try to make peace with my ex-role model. I'll admit I may have done some things to unintentionally upset her. And vice versa.

These days, we see each other but pretend not to. Frankly, I think it's immature on both of our parts. I can sense some discomfort when she sees me. And that makes me uncomfortable.

Not sure if I should just walk away, or at least try to make amends. Definitely don't want to make things worse. I feel I learned from my mistakes. But I wouldn't want my attempt at peacemaking to make the situation more awkward. Nor do I want to come off as needy. If it can't be fixed, it can't be fixed.
How does someone acquire a role model? You got me curious.

If anything, if in your time together something about her inspired you, you in turn can be a role model for somebody else.