What Whoopi said to Elmo on "Hollywood Squares"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Wow, my post was moved to the "Sesame Street" board. I guess one of the monitors read my last post in this thread pretty quickly. Lol.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Re: Re: What Whoopi said to Elmo on "Hollywood Squares"

Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
We don't know; the censors, being who/what they are, bleeped out the word in the blooper reel. The only thing we know is that it was obviously a dirty word of some kind.
That's what I said...

Sorta...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Not really. You said that you didn't remember the episode. I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, but that's what it seemed like when I read your post. Anyway, I have to agree with Kim, because on HS they have been known to bleep out some things.

Ryan

Reaction score
Wow, you're really focused on this thing arent you?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, actually I was just curious. What was making me a little mad, was that instead of answering my question people started singing the "Ladybug's Picnic" song, which was completely off the subject of what I asked. But now that Skeeter/Kim answered my question, I'll let it go now.

GeddyRulz

Reaction score
I remember an episode of Squares where Elmo answered his question and the host turned to the contestant: “Agree or disagree?” When the contestant said s/he disagreed, the host asked incredulously “You’d disagree with ELMO?” And Elmo then said, “What the heck’s the matter with you?!” Or maybe it was just “What’s the matter with you,” although I like to remember it as “What the he!!’s the matter with you?” I’ll split the difference and say Elmo said “heck.”

When Julia Louis-Dreyfus swore during a taping of Sesame Street after another blown take, Elmo’s mouth dropped open and he looked at the camera. “She said a bad word. Five dollars! I’m going to be a rich muppet by the end of the day.” That's an outtake, obviously.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I remember an episode of Squares where Elmo answered his question and the host turned to the contestant: “Agree or disagree?” When the contestant said s/he disagreed, the host asked incredulously “You’d disagree with ELMO?” And Elmo then said, “What the heck’s the matter with you?!” Or maybe it was just “What’s the matter with you,” although I like to remember it as “What the he!!’s the matter with you?” I’ll split the difference and say Elmo said “heck.”

When Julia Louis-Dreyfus swore during a taping of Sesame Street after another blown take, Elmo’s mouth dropped open and he looked at the camera. “She said a bad word. Five dollars! I’m going to be a rich muppet by the end of the day.” That's an outtake, obviously.
Well, it's better he said 'heck' than the other word. Lol. I remember that one too. Tom asked him who said "Happiness is a Warm Puppy" and the answer of course was Charles Schulz. So there's my bit of trivia for the day. :smile: