Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I was reading the season 46 press kit and I don't understand why is Sonia Manzano among the cast bios of the season if she has quit the show before season 46 began shooting...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I dunno. She's not in any of the repeat episodes.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I was reading the season 46 press kit and I don't understand why is Sonia Manzano among the cast bios of the season if she has quit the show before season 46 began shooting...
I also noticed that Desiree Casado was credited in season 43 despite making her final appearance in season 42.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Keep in mind that often times the seasons are produced at least a year in advance, and Sonia only recently retired, likewise Joey just recently left, so more than likely Season 46 was already filmed before all of this happened.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Keep in mind that often times the seasons are produced at least a year in advance, and Sonia only recently retired, likewise Joey just recently left, so more than likely Season 46 was already filmed before all of this happened.
But I think she left before they started filming this season.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've been suspecting age discrimination for a long time. The kids watching the show never said "Oh I hate Bob and Gordon because they're too old". Just a few years ago Gordon was in like half the episodes every season,kids seemed to really like him,then all of a sudden they start shoe horning Chris into every single episode and Gordon's only in like two freakin' episodes in Season 45.
I agree. I always enjoyed it when he closed the show as "Trash Gordon." Now we don't see that much of him. Maybe now it will be "Trash Chris" or something. Who knows?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Considering the show will now be 30 minutes, it's probably best that the opening be shortened considerably to give us more material.

I wonder if that closing song will appear during or before the closing credits. I didn't see credits when I watched the clip.

It was said that there's going to be less parody segments because parent viewers seem to have dropped. I wonder if existing parody segments will continue to be rerun. Dropping parodies might be a good thing, considering these episodes won't come to PBS until nine months later (and the parodies could be considered dated by then).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've said it before (and I believe Drtooth has too), but that's a drawback to producing seasons so far in advance (and for a while there, they were doing two seasons in advance), by the time they make it to air, the references are a tad dated.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wonder what other Muppet mothers we'll see, since at least I saw Grover's and Cookie's mom. Also I wonder if theirs a father's day episode coming next season?
Am I the only one who's slightly disturbed by the redesigns of Grover and Cookie's moms? Just slightly? They seem to have a rather youthful redesign, they look more like they would be those characters' sisters rather than their moms.

Status
Not open for further replies.