Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I doubt this. I highly doubt this. We've still yet to see YT act on their supposed doing away with the Google+ merge required to post comments, and that was reported to be happening way back in the summer - no evidence, whatsoever, that it's happening.

YT standing in favor of fair use? That is absolutely laughable. They're not about to fork over a million dollars per video that violates copyright and risk lawsuits and other legal threats from the big corporations that call for the removal of their content, even if they did fall under fair use. And what about videos they've deleted for copyright that fell under fair use like YouTube Poops, Let's Plays, and reviews and such? What about entire channels that got nuked for multiple copyright strikes? Is YT going to magically restore all of that content? Doubtful.

Like with a lot of things, until I see evidence that YT is going to make good on their word about changes like this (and again, there's so far no evidence whatsoever that they're doing away with the Google+ merge), I'm dismissing this all as heresay and rumors.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm. More and more (reputable) sources are reporting this same thing . . . but I'm still skeptical. YT has never given a rat's behind about fair use, and have often been quick to delete content in violate of copyright - even if it fell under fair use - to please these big corporations like Viacom, FOX, and others . . . why are they just suddenly in favor of fair use? And why are now decided to actually pay legal fees on behalf of YouTubers? There's gotta be some kind of catch here; this sounds too good to be true.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Is there any actual legitimate way to delete your own posts on your channel feed? You can unpublish them, but for some reason, it doesn't go away no matter how many times I try to do so.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm still annoyed with how you're apparently not allowed to have more than 25 videos in your watch history.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is there some special reason why our subscriptions are no longer divided by channel and are all instead just thrown together in "this week" and "this month" rows? It's very cluttered and disorganized.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Lately when I watch YT, the videos are a bit darker than they should be. Does anyone know how to fix it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is every video you watch like that or just certain ones?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyone see what YT's latest new feature that nobody asked for is? "Trending." That's right. Further evidence that Google keeps wanting to turn YT into a social media platform rather than a video sharing site.