11-18-1985: A day that changed Sesame Street Forever

Where were you when Snuffy was revealed ?

• Daycare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why does the internet have so many pointless polls ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wasn't Buffy (and Sheldon and Kody, for that matter) only on during the 70s?
Yeah Mr. Hooper, Buffy and her family, the first two Gordons, :smile:, Tom, Rafael are some of the few who missed out on seeing Snuffy. The list probably could go on and on.

Then again, I suppose the whole Snuffy 'issue' was really between Big Bird and the human characters.
Yeah. I remember someone telling me before that in a 70s album Snuffy interacted with Bert. Also if I recall correctly, he was also introduced to Oscar in season 16.

Katzi428

Reaction score
The only one who really missed out on meeting Snuffy was Mr. Hooper.
Mr. Hooper ALMOST got a chance to see Snuffy. But he (Mr. Hooper) was cleaning his glasses when Snuffy was nearby.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been meaning to do a fan fic showing how Olivia met Snuffy. I wonder whether there was a later episode showing her meeting Snuffy and none of us remember it (I doubt it). I think somebody said that she was bust with 227, but I think that show premiered a year or two later (and off topic, but it's interesting how when that show began, she continued to appear on Sesame Street whenever she could, but ended up leaving because the travel was too much or something, only for 227 to end a year or two after she was officially gone from Sesame Street... I wonder if she tried to come back).

I feel like Olivia was one of the bossiest when it came to Snuffy (she also comes off as bossy in the "bring your own can night" segment, though that one's understandable). In episode 1836 she gets Maria to quickly reconsider seeing if Snuffy really is behind her nest (though she had to go with Gordon to the site of the race, but it's never really explained why Maria needed to be there) and later talks Maria out of waiting with Big Bird for Snuffy to finish (I could see her waiting for a little while and then giving up, considering how late Snuffy finished, but to change her mind so easily just because Olivia told her she'd have a long wait?). I've noticed in episode 2096 that Bob seemed to be the most sure that Snuffy wasn't real, I wonder if Olivia would have been that person if she was in the episode.

Seems like Bob got to see Snuffy a few times before the adults all knew he was real, but was discredited. There's one time when Bob wakes up and sees Snuffy in black and white overralls, tells Big Bird, but then mentions black and white stripes, which Big Bird didn't know about, convincing Bob that he was imagining. And then there's an episode where he and Susan both see Snuffy when he was staying at Big Bird's nest and sleepwalking, when Big Bird mentioned the sleewalking, they figure it was him, until they mention Snuffy being all white (from the blanket that was covering him).