Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me when a clip with Zoe comes out? I'm just dying to hear what Jen Barnhart's voice for her sounds like.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Didn't she do Goldilocks when she suddenly made a surprise return in the mid-2000s? I wonder if it would similar to that?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aww, that's really disappointing... Well, at least he gets to watch this year.

Is it known if any of the older cast members actually plan to be on the float? I think it'd be a little hard not to see any them in the parade, especially Bob, Roscoe, Loretta and even Emilio. They're like the cream of the crop of original cast members.
And he was just promoted to bike shop owner too. I really really hope this isn't a negative sign here. Even if they're being phased put of the show proper, the least they could do was let them on the float one last time.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I can't believe that none of them will be there! This is really too much for me to handle. I mean I know they seem to be phasing out the original cast members but it feels worse that their phasing them all out at the same time. And I was really hoping that after season 45 with Luis having a bike shop that they were finally trying to incorporate him back into the show,but I guess it was just Susan and Bob all over again. Remember when Susan was in four episodes in season 42 and actually had lines in all of her appearances,but then she didn't show up at all during the next season. A similiar thing happened to Bob,he had speaking roles in 3 episodes in season 43 and even had plots revolving around him,but then in season 44 all he had was a lousy background appearance. And what is even going on with Gina,she's hardly on the show now and she's not even that old,but she's clearly available because she had several non speaking roles in season 44 and 45. I hope that Gina at least gets to be in the parade.

cjd874

Reaction score
I can't believe that none of them will be there! This is really too much for me to handle. I mean I know they seem to be phasing out the original cast members but it feels worse that their phasing them all out at the same time. And I was really hoping that after season 45 with Luis having a bike shop that they were finally trying to incorporate him back into the show,but I guess it was just Susan and Bob all over again. Remember when Susan was in four episodes in season 42 and actually had lines in all of her appearances,but then she didn't show up at all during the next season. A similiar thing happened to Bob,he had speaking roles in 3 episodes in season 43 and even had plots revolving around him,but then in season 44 all he had was a lousy background appearance. And what is even going on with Gina,she's hardly on the show now and she's not even that old,but she's clearly available because she had several non speaking roles in season 44 and 45. I hope that Gina at least gets to be in the parade.
Sesame Street has always had a pretty even balance of older and younger cast members. In the early days, that dynamic was established with people like Mr. Hooper and David. But of course SS has had to change to fit the times, and nowadays children ages 2-4 don't seem to connect with people like Bob and Susan. It's not 1975 anymore. So as much as I dislike hearing that people like Luis, Gordon, and even Gina are making fewer appearances, I've come to accept it. Kids connect more with Chris, Leela, and Mando. That's just how it is with current young audiences.

But tomorrow the SS cast will be in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (their 39th year in a row!), and I certainly hope that there will be at least ONE person from the old days on the float...yes, that seems to include Gina now.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Hmmm...is it fair to assume that Snuffy won't be making any new appearances this season?

"I would like to say yes, but this year most of the original cast members were not invited to be on the float. So, instead of going out at 6 in the morning this year to get in the parade line-up, I'll get to sleep in, then watch the parade from the comfort of my home! Thanks for asking & Happy Thanksgiving to you too!"
While understandable, that's sort of a pity.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I'm loving Matt Vogel as "The Crumb" in Smart Cookies! Matt seems like a natural for villain roles. (Aka Constantine)

mbmfrog

Reaction score
This is really upsetting. When someone on Facebook asked Emilio Delgado if he was going to be a part of the Thanksgiving parade, this is what he had to say:

"I would like to say yes, but this year most of the original cast members were not invited to be on the float. So, instead of going out at 6 in the morning this year to get in the parade line-up, I'll get to sleep in, then watch the parade from the comfort of my home! Thanks for asking & Happy Thanksgiving to you too!"
Okay! It's one thing to bring in new cast members onto the show, but it's another thing to phase out the old cast.

This is going a bit too far if they're messing with a bit of Thanksgiving tradition. I'm kinda of glad I'm not watching the parade this year as the new news of Sesame Street's new season has me both angry for getting rid of the old cast and worried about the show's overall future.

Status
Not open for further replies.