What are you Thankful For?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Back in August, due to a freak accident, I lost sight in my right eye. Two eye surgeries later, still can't see.

But every so often I get flashes of vision. For about ten seconds, I was able to see my hands in front of my face. The vision was very blurry and dark, but something was there.

Please don't ever take for granted something as simple as being able to see, or walk, because you'd be amazed how fast your whole world changes when you lose that.

But I still have hope of seeing again. My doctor said it might take about a year, but how glorious it will be when it finally happens.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
You have such a positive attitude about this, I know it's been hard, but you've done an excellent job in the face of this setback. I wish you the best in this.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
All of my friends, my parents, and my relatives.

I am also thankful for all of the things that I have and my health.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'm thankful for how much I've grown as a person over the last few months. It's been rough, but nobody ever said that life would be easy. With the joy and sorrow that I've experienced recently, I feel stronger, wiser, and more confident than ever before. Thank you, God, for helping to shape me into a better person.

123Sunny

Reaction score
I'm grateful to be at home. It's almost my one year mark of being home. I am also grateful for my friends and family, and most of all my friend Joy. She's my best friend, and it's been rough for her recently but she's doing ok and I'm happy just to know her. Being her best friend is more then I ever thought would happen :smile:
:stick_out_tongue::frown:

and of course, grateful for the Muppets, my inspirations and pastime, my hobby and my happiness.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Back in October, I fell and broke my ankle. It took a plate and four pins to hold it together. I'll be on crutches through January.
So being out of work on Temporary Disability, not being able to drive for a few more weeks, barely being able to stand, let alone walk, you would think I'd be bitter over my misfortune.

But I'm not.

I have a church full of people praying for my healing, people helping me to get to the doctor, the store, and other errands, and my wife by my side giving all her support.

Today I was able to sing and play with my church band for the first time in seven weeks. And we rocked the house.
After we had a Thanksgiving lunch, kind of a warm-up for Thursday.

In spite of my circumstances, I got so many blessings to count.
Some of you might be going through tough times too ( we all have bad things to deal with at one point or another), but I hope you can see the good things, even in the bad times.

Last edited:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I'm thankful for my health, my family, my friends from college, high school and elementary school, my cat, Simon and the veterinary staff of the clinic at the Charleston Animal Society and for that organization for giving me a chance to volunteer and give my contribution to help animals.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I am thankful for a few things:

- My mother. She's one of the nicest, kindest, smartest, protective, most intelligent mothers in the world. She's done a lot to help me grow, and I'm thankful for it.
- My friends, especially my best friend who I've known for most of his life.
- My teachers and counselors. I would frequently visit my high school counselor back in the day whenever I felt unhappy and wanted to relieve stress. Whenever I come back to visit my high school, I usually say hello to him and talk about what's going on. I'm also thankful for a few teachers, namely my 11th grade history teacher and 10th grade choir director.
- Sesame Street. Watching every single video when I was very young helped me understand so many things about life, and I have to owe gratitude to the puppeteers and cast members for helping bring the magic of edutainment to my childhood. I still have nearly all of the videos I had when I was a toddler.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I just realized I didn't do this last year. I feel a little bad about that. Oh, well, no time like the present.
I'm also thankful for a lot of my teachers I've had, especially those in college.

aebthegofer

Reaction score
I'm thankful most of all for Jesus. I'm thankful for my family, my parents and my two brothers. I'm thankful for the kids I babysit, the four most amazing kids ever! I'm thankful for my sponsor son, who is growing into a handsome God-fearing young man. I'm thankful for everyone here on MC, for being friends with me! I'm thankful for my offline friends, who smile and pretend to understand my muppet ramblings! I'm thankful that I have my health, a place to live, food to eat, clothes to wear, shoes on my feet, and people I can turn to when I need help.
All in all, I feel extremely blessed!:smile:

~Aeb:wink: