The Gravity Falls Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Something tells me that Dipper's real name will be revealed as Frederic.

Props to anyone else who understands what I'm talking about.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So what exactly the heck was the Impossibeast? There's no page/descript for it neither at the Disney nor GF Wikis. :search:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I love this show!

I think that Dipper, Mabel, and Soos are really funny!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Alex Hirsch has unfortunately announced that Gravity Falls is ending,with only two episodes left to air.
Alex HirschVerified account‏@_AlexHirsch
Hey guys. Gravity Falls has been an amazing journey, but the rumors are true- its reaching its finale http://shmalexsmirsch.tumblr.com #GravityFinale

Note that he has made it very clear that the show was not cancelled,it was Alex himself who decided to end the show to keep it from over staying its welcome like many other cartoons have (Rugrats,Family Guy,SpongeBob etc.).
This is a quote from him : “I always designed ‘Gravity Falls’ to be a finite series about one epic summer — a series with a beginning, middle, and end. … I wanted ‘Gravity Falls’ to have a mystery that had a real answer, an adventure that had a real climax, and an ending that had a real conclusion for the characters I care so much about. This is very unusual in television and a pretty big experiment, and Disney for their part has been enormously supportive.”

Drtooth

Reaction score
I had a sad feeling that was the case. Weirdmageddon looked very much like a satisfying end to the series, not to mention the show's in story timeline felt like it was coming to an end. I really wish there could have been a way to keep the stories and characters going via spinoffs or something at least.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's sad to see those lovable twins go, but at least Alex Hirsch is choosing to end it while he still can like Jim Henson did with his shows. I hope he considers shorts and specials to explore more of the characters that didn't get enough screen time for it, though it is being hinted at by his Tumblr post. :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This is really sad,the show was so original and funny and I kind of wish the show's story could've been stretched into at least a third season. But it dosen't look like they could. So it's bittersweet,but i'm glad the show is ending on it's own terms and not being cancelled by the network like most other cartoons so that they can end the show the way it was originally intended to and not have a rushed ending like some lucky cancelled shows get like Pushing Daisies where they realized they were cancelled in the middle of filming the season and only got one episode to rap up every single plot thread. It's also better than no ending at all. And it also helps to avoid several long seasons of mostly filler episodes and only a few arc episodes at the begining and end of the season which often leads to episodes that fans end up hating.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Wow! I literally find it hard to believe the show is ending. Yet, I've enjoyed most episodes if not all of them. My favorite character is Grunkle Stan. I'll miss his off the wall humor. Oh well. All good things must eventually come to an end.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I didn't find it surprising at all, really. How are they going to top Bill Cipher destroying the world through chaos and L'il Gideon's Heel-Face turn? I hate saying it, but I'd rather the show go out on top than struggle to keep itself at that level. And Alex himself wanted to end things after Weirdmageddon, the show did have signs. What were Dipper and Mabel going to do? They were going to go home at the end of summer, and the show's reached the end of summer. And it's not like it ended because Disney wanted more money poured into Pickle and Peanut. Thank Grob for that.

Of course, I'd love to see some way the characters can live on via spinoffs, a movie, or comic books or something. Or better yet, merchandise you can actually find in stores. I'm talking to you, Jazzwares Gravity Falls toy selection.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And it's not like it ended because Disney wanted more money poured into Pickle and Peanut. Thank Grob for that.
Disney should focus more on Penn Zero and Star Vs. now, as well as the upcoming DuckTales reboot. It's clear no one's really biting with P&P.