"Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hollywood always goes to the same people again and again . . . need I say anything more about Neil Patrick Harris or Jennifer Lawrence? They're freakin' everywhere!
It's not the same situation. The point is you can name a lot more high profile Caucasian actresses in Hollywood than African American.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I am seeing the Peanuts with my rents and my seven year old nephew tomorrow!!!!!!!!

rents=Parents just so you know :smile:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I am seeing the Peanuts with my rents and my seven year old nephew tomorrow!!!!!!!!

rents=Parents just so you know :smile:
Saw it yesterday with the Family we all loved it, although my 7 year old nephew got bored with it towards the end, as my dad said "this was made for people from my generation, people who grew up with it!" my only question, I wasn't able to stay for the entire credits because my nephew got antsy and wanted to leave. was there a post credits scene? I always like to stay for the credits it is part of the movie, when I see Star wars I will have my mom or dad bring my nephew out to the Lobby so I can watch the credits in peace.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
was there a post credits scene?
Yep.

One involves the same ol' trick Lucy pulls on Charlie Brown by pulling the football away when he runs to kick it; another has Snoopy, Fifi, the Woodstocks, and all of Snoopy's family at a bistreaux drinking root beer, but the Red Baron returns; and lastly, Linus's model plane finally dies and falls into the lake.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Yep.

One involves the same ol' trick Lucy pulls on Charlie Brown by pulling the football away when he runs to kick it; another has Snoopy, Fifi, the Woodstocks, and all of Snoopy's family at a bistreaux drinking root beer, but the Red Baron returns; and lastly, Linus's model plane finally dies and falls into the lake.
the only post credits scene I saw was Lucy holding the Football and at the last minute taking out from under Charlie Browns feet !!!!!!!!! I guess when I either rent the movie on Xfinity or buy the Blu-Ray I will see the rest!!!!!!!!!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Something I forgot to bring up beforehand, but did anyone else besides me feel like Snoopy was more affectionate towards Charlie Brown than usual? He seemed to show genuine sympathy and concern for good ol' Charlie Brown throughout the movie, and even tried to help him in his efforts to talk to the Little Red-Haired Girl. I usually remember Snoopy as always being interested in his own little world and usually kind of brushing ol' Chuck (and everybody else, except Lucy) off - unless he wants to be fed. Snoopy's even attacked Linus for his blanket before.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Something I forgot to bring up beforehand, but did anyone else besides me feel like Snoopy was more affectionate towards Charlie Brown than usual? He seemed to show genuine sympathy and concern for good ol' Charlie Brown throughout the movie, and even tried to help him in his efforts to talk to the Little Red-Haired Girl. I usually remember Snoopy as always being interested in his own little world and usually kind of brushing ol' Chuck (and everybody else, except Lucy) off - unless he wants to be fed. Snoopy's even attacked Linus for his blanket before.
Actually,I think the movie where he attacked Linus was the same movie that showed Snoopy at his most affectionate.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah yes, I was surprised no one brought this up either.

Actually, I'm going to say I agree with this. Peanuts always tried to be forward thinking. Peppermint Patty being a tom boy, wearing shorts and sandals, and being the child of a single father, all were pretty unusual at the time.

And frankly, Hollywood still has a real problem including female African American characters in lead roles.
I do indeed think Hollywood has a diversity problem. I don't know if this was the right film to fix that, but I'm glad to see that Franklin had a sizable role and to see more non-Caucasian background characters. They were very careful not to add any major new characters, and I respect that. I don't think this was the movie to fix that problem, especially when the real problem to me is lack of original diverse characters in original movies. And you know what film does this the best? Fast and Furious! Yep. Some say that the key to this movie series' success is the diverse roles. I was also delighted by Home having a black female role. Not exactly African American, I forget where she comes from, but it's an island. Either Haitian or Jamaican or something.

I also don't really mind racelifts in comic book hero movies, but I prefer to see original heroes and characters of different races. It's a shame that the only one in the running so far is the up and coming Black Panther movie. It would be awesome to see WB add Static Shock to their film line up, but that's never going to happen.

When Lucy says "No dogs!" to Snoopy, it reminds me of the recurring "No Dogs Allowed' line from Snoopy Come Home. When Charlie Brown picks up the Little Red-Haired Girl's pencil, he successfully manages to hold on to it and return it to her, as compared to A Charlie Brown Valentine (2002), where Lucy snatches the pencil from his hand and ruins his chances of a potential conversation.
The "No Dogs Allowed" thing was clearly intentional. I loved the little Easter Eggs and references they had in the movie. I'd almost say the War and Peace bit and the part where Snoopy's teaching Chuck dance moves was a nod to the New Years special.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently, Twentieth Century Fox is wanting to turn this into a franchise as well since it was so successful.

Please don't let this happen. Please. Everybody's sick of Ice Age, and the Chipmunk movies are so inferior compared to their new Nick series . . . the Peanuts don't need to have their integrity compromised by any attempts to turn them into a cashcow franchise that people will get sick of . . . I don't think even Schulz would want that.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Well maybe it will go like Toy Story and the whole franchise will work